63

⊱ ───── { Jeno } ───── ⊰

"State your name and business," a young girl drones as she taps sluggishly on her computer mouse, behind a very large, rounded receptionist desk.

"Mark Lee, and I need to meet with Taeyong," he states with a hum as the girl begins typing at an oddly rapid pace.

"And the other two?" she sighs.

"Andy and...uh..."

"Jaemin," Jeno blurts out abruptly.

Mark looks over his shoulder, shooting him a weird, confused glance.

What the fuck?

Jeno throws his hands up slightly.

You hesitated, I panicked, it just slipped out.

"Do you have an appointment?" the girl groans.

"Let's be honest, Yerim. Do I ever?" Mark chuckles coolly, and the girl shakes her head disapprovingly.

"You're one chaotic son of a bitch, I'll tell you that," she sighs, "I'll let Jaehyun know you'll be up momentarily."

"Thank you," he says with a slight bow.

"Whatever, just try not to embarrass yourself again," she drones on before leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms.

"One time!" Mark exclaims as he leads the two other boys around the desk and towards the elevators on the other side of the room.

"Are you talking about the 'one time' you ate floor food or the 'one time' you couldn't stop laughing during an evaluation or the 'one time' you ate watermelon and rice in the middle of a meeting or the 'one time' you-"

"Okay, bye Yerim," Mark cuts her off as he reaches an elevator and starts smashing the call button repeatedly with great intensity.

The doors slide open, revealing a small white lift. The boys file inside, and Mark starts mashing a button with a 'T' on it. The rest of the buttons are numerical, but cut off at ten.

"Why are there only eleven buttons when the building looks so expansive?" Jeno questions as the doors slide shut.

"Because how in the hell are we supposed to put an infinite amount of buttons in one single room?" Mark laughs, "We take multiple elevators to different sections of the building. The first section is the orientation and training level, then it's communications, then the relations division, and so on until you reach the big man. But obviously each elevator has an option to go directly up to Taeyong. For convenience purposes."

"Seems like a hassle, but I appreciate the effort," Jeno states, "What the hell is the relations division?"

"You know that little baby angel humans call Cupid?" Mark asks.

"Yea?" Jeno confirms.

"He doesn't exist," Mark states bluntly, "We have a while team of angels here dedicated to keeping records of all relationships as they are created and destroyed. Whether it be friendships, lovers, or enemies, we keep track of all of it so that we know all goes according to the proper balance of life."

Jeno looks at the red digital number on the screen above the door.

Sector 2, floor 5

"So that's Sector three, right?" Jeno inquires.

"Yeah. Why?" Mark asks.

The second the digital screen flashes sector three, floor one, Jeno practically smashes a big red emergency stop button.