Part 7

Seriously, I should be calling him sleeping beauty. It seems like his favourite past-time, and with his coal black hair and fair skin, he definitely looks the part, though I guess I'm partially responsible for the light tint. His blue eyes flutter open when I lean closer, casting a shadow onto his perfect face.

"Get out of the water, your feet a shrivelling," I tease lightly, then step aside when he gets up, yawning. Yep. My skin's gotten soft. He yawns once more, not bothering to cover his mouth. Manners really aren't his thing.

I glance over to where the other humans are eyeing us appraisingly. "I see you've made friends."

"Sure. I've got this bubbly personality," he deadpans. Not like I don't wish to fit in sometimes, be like them. But I'm not – and I don't need to be. Sure, it would be easier that way, but I like myself. I'm just the only person who gets me.

I ignore his inner musing, not wanting to pry right now. It's pretty obvious that he's the not the most social kind of person. I sigh empathically, catching his attention since he'd been staring at the others. "Completely forgot about that. How stupid of me."

I put an arm around his shoulders and lead him away from his predicament. He might be better off home alone next time I go out, given that he really can't seem to make sense of this type of social gathering.

Oh, stupid one and stupid two aren't coming back with us. That's good.

I chuckle at the reference and his obvious disdain for the love-struck couple that I can relate to. "You know, you have this habit of gifting everyone with these cute pet names. I think I'm jealous."

"Biting monster," he says dead serious and without a second thought. I narrow my eyes in a glare, but I can't help to think it might be a little bit funny. He's pretty much hit the nail on the head, so I can't argue with it. Besides, he didn't say it in an accusing manner, unlike my so-called vampire friends.

He looks playful. That's a new expression. God, he's actually cute when his eyes sparkle cheerfully.

I roll my eyes pointedly. "Come on, that's mean. I was in a bad mood yesterday."

Maybe I'm in a bad mood quite frequently, but that's another matter.

I like happy Dael a lot more, I think.

"Biting monster," he repeats with a sly grin tugging at his lips.

He's begging for it. He is, isn't he? So I can hardly say no, and he can blame me for slamming him against the exterior wall of the mansion, hands firmly gripping his shoulders. He glances down at my fingers, then up into my eyes, actually smirking. "Biting monster."

He's pushing my buttons in an interestingly arousing way, and I take a deep breath to inhale his lovely scent as I lean closer. Suddenly, he cranes his neck, capturing my lips. Moaning at the contact, I elicit an equally aroused sound from him, and he slips his tongue out.

I want to taste him.

Since I can easily relate to the sentiment, I part my lips liberally. His tongue pushes in immediately, sliding along the upper row of my teeth, feeling out the shape of my fangs. The constant itching that I've grown so accustomed to worsens a thousand-fold, forcing me to pull away.

I want to suck him dry – and I also want to fuck him, so preferably both at once.

"We're going home. Now."

Allorian nods quickly, obediently following me to the car. He remains quiet during the drive back to the mansion, though he's literally oozing arousal every time he glances my way. Only once we're out of the car do his thoughts kick in again, and oh do they kick.