Awakening

Susan's POV

I woke up by a loud thud, my vision was blurry and my head was spinning, I must've been asleep for quite a long time. When my eyes readjusted I found myself in a completely new place, black figures walking all around the ship or what it seemed like it. This isn't Knife's- wait, where is he?!

I quickly got up from the bed where I was lying and opened the door, as I ran through it I collided with a really hard chest and fell on my butt. I looked up to see another yautja warrior, but he wasn't by previous kidnapper.

"Who are you?" I asked completely confused as I got up from the ground.

"The question is, human... who are you?" He returned the question with a hard glare.

Who does this guy think he is? I thought

"I am Susan Williams, mate to KnifeBlade." I replied proudly

The warrior looked at me in disbelief and backed away a little trying to compute what he just heard. He then closed his eyes and sighed heavily.

"Well then... it's a pleasure meeting you, I am Stoneclaw." He said trying to sound friendly, though it didn't work.

He must really hate humans, typical. I thought as I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Likewise Stoneclaw, now if i may ask. Who are you to my mate?" I asked suspiciously

"I was his cousin." He hesitated almost looking... scared?

Oh he was his cousin, that's-

"What do you mean with 'was his cousin'?!" I suddenly blurted out

He looked at me sadly and put his hand on my shoulder, and sighed again.

"Knifeblade is... dead, I'm terribly sorry." He replied softly

I looked at him shocked, I couldn't believe my ears. Tears started pouring from my eyes and I started to cry softly.

"H-how can that be?" I asked between tears

"Skullfang destroyed his own, that treacherous bastard!" He said angrily and punched the wall behind him.

He was facing me with his back and breathed loudly and shakily, he was really upset.

"But how did you g-get me out of there?" I softly asked

"I was going to rescue him and went looking for him through rooms until I saw you, I wanted to get you both out alive but I didn't have time."

I hesitated before putting my hand on his back.

"Thank you, but this is all my fault." I said as I cried more

He turned around and I noticed he was crying as well, when I said it was my fault he hugged me immediately.

"Do not blame yourself, there was nothing you could do. This was my failure and I must suffer the consequences, at least his death was not in vain." He said as I pulled away slowly.

"What do you mean?"

"Skullfang died as well, he couldn't get away." He replied

Well, at least the hero and villain died today. I don't know what to do anymore, not without Knifeblade.

"At least he's dead." I said tired

"We will honor your mate, he has done so much for his people. He will be remembered for all eternity." He said trying to cheer me up.

"How will your people accept me? We were going to your home world, but now I have no one to protect me if I'm rejected." I said sadly

"I will protect you, for my cousin. I will take care of you and I will defend you till me very last breath, even though we just met I need you to trust me." He said as he took both of my shoulders.

"O-okay." I managed to say