Chapter 4: The Truth

A week past since Hannah reunited with her brother, Lenny. Jacob had him locked up in a cage at the Veterans Centre, until the Seed brothers decided on what to do with him. It was a difficult time for John, at the end of the day, this man was his wife's brother and he was worried that killing Lenny, would cause him to lose his wife as well.

Hannah tried talking her brother out of trying to kill Joseph Seed, but he was stubborn and determined to make him pay for something that he wouldn't tell her. She was going to find out one way or another, till then the Seed Brothers weren't allowed to do anything to Lenny.

"Surely you can explain to me why my brother wants to kill you Father?" Hannah sat in the church with Joseph and John, "How can I help the project or you, if no one tells me what is happening?". "My child, this is a matter between your brother and me" Joseph said softly. "Are you in fault brother?" John asked, "is that why you aren't telling us?".

Joseph stood up from the bench and walked up to the stage, "Lenny believes that I have something to do with his sisters death". Hannah froze at Joseph's words. "He clearly wants to get revenge for his sister's death but he is getting it on the wrong person. I had nothing to do with her death, I only loved her" Joseph continued to explain, "I don't know what else I can say to your brother to prove that I didn't kill her".

John looked at his wife, she was angry and disappointed. He didn't know if it was towards Joseph or her own brother, "honey are you ok?". "I need to see Lenny right now, John" she jumped from where she was sitting. It was clear to him now that she was angry at her own brother, "why?". Hannah didn't say anything to him, storming out of the church and to their car, "just take me to him" she yelled and jumped into the passenger seat.

-

It was a bit of a drive to the Veterans Centre, John could see his wife was overtaken by a lot of anger and he couldn't really understand why, but he was going to find out soon. They arrived at the Centre and she jumped out of the car quickly and stormed over to the cage.

"You dickhead of a brother" she yelled, taking Jacob and Lenny by surprise. John stopped in his track and just watched Hannah go off. "You came here to kill Joseph for something that he clearly didn't do" she continued to yell.

Jacob glanced over at John who put his hand up and signalled him to let it go. "So you found out" Lenny was calm, "but clearly he lied about something. He is a murder". "Look Joseph, John and Jacob aren't innocent people. They've done some horrifying things to innocent people for Eden's Gate but they would never hurt someone they truely love" Hannah approached the cage her brother was in, "especially Joseph Seed and I believe him when he says that he didn't kill your step-sister".

Lenny stood up and walked closer to his sister, "she died because of him. Hannah you don't have any right coming here and yelling at me when you don't even know the full story". "Then you better start talking Lenny" Hannah gave him a sort of death stare look and he took in a deep breath.

"Look I know how much Joseph loved Britney, I'm not denying that but he shouldn't have let her go that day" Lenny put his head down and looked at the ground. "How did she die?" John asked from behind Hannah. "Car accident. After the argument with Joseph, she ran off. Hours later our mother got a phone call saying she died in the accident" Lenny explained.

"how is this Joseph's fault? Did you ever think how he would have felt?" Hannah had calmed herself down at that point. She did feel bad about her brothers loss, but he wasn't the only one to loss her. Lenny had stayed quiet, thinking about what his sister had just said. "Seems like you really got along with your adoptive sister? Is that why you never searched for me? Someone else had replaced me?" Hannah worked herself up again. John knew that was his cue to grab his wife and leave, he believed that working up her brother would cause more problems.

"I think that's enough darling, let's go home" John grabbed her shoulders and tried to lead her away but she was determined for her brothers answer. "How can you think something like that Hannah?" Lenny asked, "I found you now". "No Len, you came here to get revenge on Joseph. I did everything to find you. I bent my back to find my big brother but this whole time, he had already replaced me" tears started to roll out of her eyes, "don't kid yourself Len. I thought that you'd find me, seeing that we were so close growing up". "Jesus Christ Hannah, you're still a fucken drama queen" Lenny looked at John, "good luck with her Seed, you've got your hands full with her".

"I hope Jacob makes you rot in this cage" Hannah stormed off back to the car. John looked up at his big brother and nodded a goodbye to him, before turning around and walking back to the car where his angry wife was waiting.

Jacob looked over to Lenny who had sadness written in his eyes, he approached the cage and took out his music box from his pocket. "Guess now we know what to do with you. Tell me Lenny, would you have really done all this for Hannah?" Jacob asked as he continued to whine the music box, "cause by the look and sound of it, you really wouldn't have. My brother John on the other, would never let anyone hurt her, especially her long lost brother". He opened the lid of the music box and watched Lenny fall on the ground and shake uncontrollably.