Chapter 8: Farewell Faith Seed

A few days went past and it was the day of Faith's funeral, the whole of Hope County was devastated and heart broken when the news of her death went around. There was no doubt that a lot of people would gather at the church and at her burial, she had so many great friends and a lot of the young girls looked up to her, saw her as their idol but now their idol was dead.

Joseph was the saddest one out of everyone, he had lost his sister, his Faith, for no good reason and there was no replacing her. He was proud of all the things she had achieved and done for Eden's Gate but she was gone now.

Jacob, John and Hannah were just as heart broken about Faith's passing, mainly John was out of the three. Faith had taken her last breath in John's arms and her lifeless body laid in his lap for a little time until the Peggies came to get her body.

Slowly the crowd at the church was getting bigger and a line was forming so that people could get one last look at the sleeping angel in the coffin. Hannah glanced over at the coffin, Faith's skin was pale, cold and just lifeless. Hannah couldn't help but cry every time she looked at her, hugging her husbands arm and crying into the fabric of his coat.

"My children, a seal has been open. My Faith, my beautiful Faith has been taken from us. She wasn't the first one to carry that name but she was the most devoted. She became angelic and now our Faith is really an angel. My children, my brothers and I promise that the person responsible for our Faith's death, will be found and dealt with accordingly." Joseph continued to talk more about Faith and her job at Eden's Gate, there was no doubt that losing her was going to be a huge loss but Joseph also informed everyone that it was time to move on and let Faith Rest In Peace.

Joseph, Pastor Jerome, Sharky and Nick Rye, carried Faith's coffin to the burial sight. The crowd all followed John, Jacob and Hannah to the destination as well, cries were being heard and even some talking about the person responsible for Faith's death.

When they all arrived to the destination, the four men placed the coffin into the hole that was dug and then stepped away from it. Jacob and John were the first ones to start burying the coffin, before others started taking over and soon Faith was officially under a huge pile of dirt.

"Eden's Gate thanks you, now you Rest In Peace my beautiful Faith" Joseph said, placing a bunch of bliss flowers onto her grave. In the distance, "Help Me Faith" started playing, making everyone cry even more. Hannah cuddled John the entire time as the whole crowd started walking back to the church and away from Faith's grave.

-

After Faith's farewell, The Seeds all gathered up at John's ranch, sitting in silence and listening to the radio that played all of Faith's songs. "Oh the bliss will set you free" the song Hannah and Faith always sang together, came on. Hannah stood up from the couch and ran to the bedroom, crying loudly. John ran after her, he wanted to comfort his wife as much as he can, knowing how much Faith meant to her.

Just when she was about to throw herself onto the bed, John grabbed her arm and pulled her in for the tightest hug he ever gave her. "It's ok dear, cry on me. Let your tears out" John whispered and stroke her hair. "First Sheriff Whitehorse, then it was Tracey and now Faith. Who's next? You? Jacob? Joseph?" Hannah cried against his chest, "I can't lose any of you, especially not you John". "Lenny is going to pay for all of this darling, we aren't going to let him get away with it" John pressed his lips on the top of her hair, "he'll pay".

John and Hannah walked back downstairs, rejoining Jacob and Joseph. Jacob signalled Hannah to go over to him, she slowly climbed on the couch and laid against his chest, while his arm wrapped around her.

"Sir" one of the Peggies came running in, looking at John, "we've captured the sinner". This was music to everyone's ears, this was surely the last time Lenny was going to see daylight but mostly Hannah couldn't wait to get her hands on her brother.