Chapter 10: Hunting The Killer

Days went by, eventually weeks also went past, John was about to give up on the hunt for the person that had murdered his wife's brother. Despite what Lenny had done to Eden's Gate and killing Faith, Hannah couldn't help but be in a horrible mess. With John out of the house, hunting her brothers murderer, Jacob had stayed with her to keep her company and comfort. Having Jacob around was soothing for her, he wasn't much the type to give advice but just having him around was enough for Hannah to stay sane. She knew Jacob wanted to be out there helping his younger brother search for the killer but Hannah didn't want him to go, so John and Jacob had made a deal. During the day, Jacob would stay with Hannah, while John was out hunting and during the night, John would be with his wife, while Jacob took over for his brother.

Hannah and John had woken up and went to into the kitchen to have breakfast. It didn't take Jacob to join them, "morning love birds" he greeted them. "Any luck brother?" John asked. "None whatsoever. Whoever it is, did one hell of a great job hiding" Jacob said as he shoved some bread into his mouth. John sighed, "I need to find who did it for my wife's sake. Whoever did it, just caused as much pain to her". "John I want the same. Since her brother showed up, all she suffered was pain but at the same time I want to shake the killers hand and thank them" Jacob said just as Hannah walked into the dining room with cooked eggs. "What are you two talking about?" Hannah asked, giving both the men a smile. "Nothing" John answered and smiled back at her.

After breakfast, John had gone back out to hunt for the killer, leaving Jacob and Hannah alone. They sat on the couch watching tv together but Jacob had his eyes on her the whole time. "What are you staring at?" She looked at him, noticing that he had been staring at her. "I want to know the truth Hannah" Jacob said, making Hannah worried, "how are you really feeling about your brothers death?". Hannah put the tv on mute and moved closer to Jacob, she shrugged her shoulders, "I'm so confused Jacob, even I don't know how I feel about Lenny dying. After everything he had done and all the people he had killed, my friends and my one and only sister Faith. I don't know how I feel".

Jacob leaned forward, putting his arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer to him. She placed her head and hand on his chest and went into deep thoughts. Jacob stroke her hair, eventually his comfort had made Hannah feel relaxed to the point where she fell asleep in his arms. Jacob had always regretted letting Hannah go easily, he loved her truly but she had preferred to be with John and married the man she truly loved. Being able to comfort and be by her side now was enough for Jacob, he always still doing his part for her and helping his little brother in protecting her from danger.

A few hours later, John arrived home. He was exhausted and angry, whoever the killer was, left absolutely no evidence or anything and by day the hunt was looking like a fail. "No luck again brother?" Jacob asked opening the front door for him. "None Jacob. I'm going to lose my fucken mind" John threw the keys on the table with frustration, "where's Hannah?". "Upstairs having a bath to relax a little. Been another hard day for her as well" Jacob informed his brother, taking a seat on the couch beside John. "Joseph doesn't want us to give up on this hunt but I'm ready to walk away from it. Whoever did it, left no damn trace. It's going to be impossible to find. No one here is a fucken Detective" John said, putting his hands on his face. "Actually that's not true" Jacob said looking at his brother. John raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean?". "Well your wife use to be a Deputy. She was in the Law Enforcement career before marrying you, maybe she can find clues that we've been missing this whole time" Jacob explained.

John thought about it for a short time before shaking his head, "no I can't do that to her". "Is the crime scene cleaned up?" Jacob asked and John shook his head again, "has anyone been in the room since?". "No we've kept the room locked, only I've been in there to look for clues but couldn't find any" John informed. "Then put Hannah in there and let her find the clues that you couldn't find" Jacob suggested. "You want me to put my wife into the murder scene? Her brothers murder scene?" John asked trying to understand Jacob's suggestions "yeah simple" Jacob answered back.

"I'll do it" Hannah interrupted before John could say another word. Both brothers looked up at her, "I'll do it. Jacob's right, I've got experience in this, it's what I've learnt in police academy" Hannah walked down the stairs and approached John, "I can do it honey, I promise". John looked at his brother who nodded at him to accept it, "fine but I don't want you to spend so much time in the room and get traumatised".

-
(WARNING SOME SCARY AND DISTURBING SCENES)

The next day Jacob and John took Hannah to the bunker and to the murder scene. It didn't take long for Hannah to get down to work, searching for anything that John had missed. She pushed both brothers out of the room and closed the door.

She put her gloves on and got down to work, seeing her brother still lying dead on the bed he had been killed on, broke her heart but she also understood why no one moved his body. She thought that she'd first look around his body but was unsuccessful, so she started to look around on the floor.

"Hannah? Help me Hannah" she heard a voice coming from behind her, she slowly looked back and saw her brother standing, with blood all over him. Hannah immediately looked at the bed and saw her brother still lying down on the bed, she looked at the ghostly figure still standing in front of her. "Hannah help me" the ghostly figure cried, slowly moving towards her. From fear and confusion, Hannah walked backwards and was stopped when her back hit the wall. "Why didn't you help me Hannah? Why did you let them kill me?" The ghostly figure continued to walk towards her. Hannah's heart started pounding fast, she felt like it was going to shot out of her but it felt like it stopped when the ghostly figured pounced towards her. "WHY HANNAH WHY?" the ghost had her by the throat, she felt like she couldn't breath but was still able to let out the loudest scream ever.

With that scream, John and Jacob came bursting through the door and found Hannah on the ground crying and screaming. John immediately ran to his wife, "DARLING! What happened?" he started panicking. Hannah threw herself at John, hugging him tightly and crying as loud as she could. "Lets get out of here" Jacob suggested and John wasted no time in picking his wife up and carrying her to the car.