Chapter 9: The End of the war

(A little mystery chapter.. keep reading till the end for a mysterious ending to this chapter)

Hannah and the Seed brothers all arrived to John's bunker where Lenny was being held hostage. Hannah had so much anger inside her but she didn't know how she would react when she came face to face with him. They all walked inside to the room where Lenny was lying down, he was still severely wounded from the bullet that Faith had put into his back.

Hannah looked at Lenny, he was sleeping and was attended by a doctor that John had organised. "What's his condition doctor?" Joseph asked as he approached the two of them. "He's in critical condition. I can't say if he will make it or not" the doctor responded to Joseph. Seeing her brother lie on the bed, pretty much fighting to stay alive, sort of made Hannah sad but from what he had done, she really didn't have any sympathy for his condition at the same time.

"No offence Hannah but why are we keeping this fucker alive? Let him die" Jacob looked at Joseph. "I haven't finished with him yet Jacob. He took my Faith away and I'm going to make him suffer before ending his life" Joseph replied back to Jacob, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"He already is suffering enough, just end it now before he wakes up and causes more danger to us and our people" John joined in, "he has caused my wife enough pain and I'm not willing to let him cause anymore". "John Brother, I understand your concern but I'm not done with him" Joseph glared at him, "keep him alive Doctor". Joseph walked out of the room but making sure that his siblings and Hannah followed him.

Later that night, the whole Seed family stayed at John's bunker, including John and Hannah. Everyone was fast asleep, Lenny had started to wake up and got the doctor's attention who stayed in the room with him. "Where am I?" Lenny asked the doctor. "You are in John Seed's bunker" the doctor replied, hearing that made Lenny scared. He had been captured and there was no escaping anymore, everyone in the bunker would kill him if he tried running. "I'll be right back" the doctor informed him and walked out of the room.

Lenny stayed lying down on the bed, he was scared and uncertain about what would happen to him once the Seed family found out he was awake. Suddenly he was pulled out of his thoughts when the bedroom door opened and a black figure stood at the entrance.

"Who's there?" Lenny asked, squinting his eyes to get a better look. Whoever it was, was wearing a black hoody, a mask that only covered their nose and mouth and black gloves. They walked inside the room, approaching Lenny. He became scared, there was no way of telling who this person was and the room was dark to make out the eyes. "Who are you?" He asked again but no reply again.

The figure pulled out a hand gun that had a silencer attached, pointing at Lenny's head and without any sort of warning, BANG, the gun went off. No one could have heard the hand gun go off, especially not when it went off the second time and the third time. The figure out the handgun away and pulled out a knife, stabbing Lenny's lifeless body, making sure that he would never open his eyes again. Once the figure was satisfied and certain, they dropped the knife and walked out of the bedroom, closing the door shut.

A few minutes later, the doctor walked back into the bedroom with a cup of coffee. When he laid eyes on Lenny, the coffee cup fell onto the ground, shattering, "what the hell? Who is in here?". The doctor ran straight to Lenny, putting a finger on his neck to feel a pulse but it was too late. Lenny was officially dead and the doctor had no choice but to wake the Seed family to give them the news.

He first ran into Hannah and John's room, "John Sir?" He called out panicking. "What is it? Do you realise what the time is?" John sat up, rubbing his eyes. "Sir we have a problem" the doctor informed him. Hannah opened her eyes and stretched, "what's happening John?".

"What's the problem?" John asked him, now standing up and approaching the doctor. When he noticed the doctor's face expression, John was sort of concerned. "I think you both should see it for yourselves" the doctor glanced between Hannah and John.

Hannah had gone to wake Joseph and Jacob up, while John followed the doctor to Lenny's bedroom. "I went to get coffee, when I came back I noticed something disturbing sir" the doctor opened the door and led John to Lenny. John's eyes shot open, he looked at the mess that Lenny was in, covered in a lot of blood, 3 bullets to the head and he had been stabbed 7 times in the chest. "What the fuck is this?" John put his hands on his head, the only thing he could think about was how Hannah was going to reach.

Not long after Jacob and Hannah walked into the room and both of them froze at the messy state of Lenny. Hannah put her hand on her mouth and screamed, tears immediately came flowing out of her eyes and she was about to fall on her knees when Jacob grabbed her. "What happened here?" Jacob asked as Hannah buried her face into his chest, he made sure that she didn't see her murdered brother laying in a pool of blood.

Joseph came running into the room after hearing Hannah screamed, soon more people joined and couldn't believe what they were seeing. "Who did this?" Joseph asked as he approached John and the lifeless body of Lenny. "I'm not sure Father. I left the room for a quick minute and came back to this" the doctor explained. "Jacob, can you take Hannah home?" John turned to his big brother, "she's not in any state to stay here and you're the only person that can keep her calm while I investigate this".

Jacob nodded, he helped Hannah stand up, shielding her so that she didn't get another look at the mess her brother was in. She hugged Jacob the tightest she ever had, he face was planted against his chest still and they both walked out of the room.

"We must find out who did this John?" Joseph said as he continued to examine the body, "This is just disturbing". John took another look at Lenny before turning to the crowd outside the door and yelling at them to go back to their room.

So who do you think murdered Lenny?
- Hannah?
- John?
- Jacob?
- Joseph?
- Or someone from the resistance?

Leave a comment on who you think the black figure was and why do you think that person did it?  in two or so chapters, you will find out who it actually was.