To The Motor Inn

The burglar alarm was so loud, that we all can hear more of the monsters coming here. Everyone began to panic.

Dad ran to look at the entrance when mom and I got off the chairs. I went to go over and see as well but mom went in front of me, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Duck, come on baby. Time to go," she said hurriedly.

"I'm gonna get the truck pulled 'round back!" Dad shouted, while running away to get to the middle of the store.

"Do it fast. I've got to get my dad out of here!" Lilly said and ran into the office.

"I don't plan on dilly-dallying!" He called and then turned towards everyone and started giving out orders. He faced mom and I.

"Honey, take Duck into the office and barricade the living hell out of the door behind me!" At that I ran towards the office, mom following me close behind.

I went through the door seeing the exit. Those monsters are also trying to get in here! I looked around and seeing dad using the axe on them. I stared in awe at how cool he looks.

"Glenn, we need your help! Please hurry!" I heard mom shout. I turned to her and she is struggling on barricading the door. I went to go over and help as well, but was stopped when I heard dad's voice.

"Duck! Come on over here!" He shouted. I ran over to dad, dodging the monsters as they tried to grab me.

Dad swung the axe at another monster, beheading it. He turned around and saw me coming towards him.

"Alright get in the truck. Don't open the door!" I nodded and quickly climbed into the truck.

I looked out the window and seeing dad swinging the axe. My eyes then moved towards the door. Mom called for Glenn again and eventually he came over to help out. Lilly went into a pizza car and running the engine. She beckoned her dad to come in as well but he went back into the office.

When dad killed most of the monsters, he went into the office as well. Moments later, mom and Carley ran out. Carley pointed her gun and shot the monsters near her and went into the pizza car with Lilly while mom ran towards me in the truck.

When she got in, she put her hand on my cheek and said, "Oh Duck, are you okay? You're not hurt right?" I shook my head no and continued to look out the window.

Larry came out with Clementine in hand, she looked like she was trying to make him let go but he won't budge. Pretty soon, dad, Lee and Glenn came out. Glenn and Larry went into the pizza car while dad and Lee went into the truck. Wait... where's Doug?

When both dad and Lee went into the truck along with Clementine, I spoke up.

"Where's Doug?" I asked. Clementine looked like she was about to cry, Lee looked at me sadly.

"He's gone." My eyes downcast. I don't even know him, but it sucks when someone didn't make it.

I didn't say anything after that as dad turned on the engine and drove away from the drug store.

"So, where are we headed now?" Dad asked Lee. Lee thought it over.

"We can stay at that motor inn. There shouldn't be anymore of those things by now."

Dad nodded, "Then tell me where I need to go."

After a bit of the drive with Lee giving out directions, we finally made it to the Travelier Motel.

I got out of the truck and see bodies strewn everywhere. It looked like the monsters, but have been put down.

"Ugh, what a mess." I heard Lilly say as she went over to one of them. She then moved it to a far corner of the lot and walked over to another body. I see Clementine watching closely, her face showing disgust.

Larry walked far away from everyone and crossed his arms. His eyes scanning at everyone, especially at Lee.

Carley went over towards a nearby table and started looking in through the boxes that were there.

Glenn got out of the car, but stayed by the door. He had the radio blasting, I think it's the news station? He listened intently.

Dad walked towards the trunk of our truck and grabbed one of our boxes.

"Let's see if we have anything useful," he said and started rummaging through it.

I watched dad looking through our things, but soon, I started getting bored. I then see Clementine walking passed, her face filled with sorrow. Maybe I can cheer her up?

"Oh man, Clementine!" I called out to her. She kept on walking and sat on the end of an RV. I continued though.

"It was so awesome when dad chopped up those monsters! Like, blood went everywhere!" Her head lowered, maybe I should change the topic? Oh! I can talk about my favorite comic books! That'll lift her spirit!

I then talked about my favorite comic book, Super Dinosaur! She looked at me from time to time, still having a frown on her face. I continued talking though, because there's really nothing else to do at the moment.

"Oh man, check this out! Then Doometrodon had this mini-gun on his shoulder, it's all like 'POW POW POW'! I thought that Super Dinosaur was toast! But you know what? He wasn't. Oh! And then-"

"Hey, Duck. You want to cool it for a minute?" I heard Lee say.

I looked at him. "Okay, sorry." I apologized and then walked over to my parents, dad still rummaging through the boxes.

"Are you sure we're going to survive with this? It's not like we had much to begin with," mom said to dad.

"We'll do our best," he sighed.

"Dad, are we ever going to get back home?" Maybe I can still call aunt Marie if she's okay...

Dad faced me, "I don't know son. When this all blows over we might, it doesn't seem safe to go now." I nodded slowly and looked to where Clementine and Lee are. Larry said something, which made Lee get up and walk over to him.

I smiled, now I can talk more about Super Dinosaur! I walked over to her.

"Oh man, Clementine! Another thing...!" I continued talking about the amazing adventures of Derek and Super Dinosaur! Clementine still had a frown on her face, but then nodded from time to time.

"And then this one time, Derek and Super Dinosaur got ambushed by Squidious! But Derek had an underwater mega-lazer! It was so awesome as-" I suddenly heard another bomb. Everyone probably heard it as well. It sounded pretty far though, I hope we don't get bombed...

"I hope that's the sound of us winning this thing," dad said as he walked up to Lilly and Lee.

"Me too," Lilly said.

"This motor inn's pretty damn defendable. We block off the entrances with some cars and keep someone on watch. We could stay here until the military rolls through," he said as all three of them walked up near the road.

Then suddenly, one by one, the lights went out. Clementine got off and started running towards them, towards Lee.

I ran up to mom. "Mom! What is going on?" She had worry on her face but then forced herself to calm down and faced me.

"It's okay, Ducky. It's just a power outage. Everything is going to be fine," she said the last part mostly to herself. I nodded anyway.

Mom's right, everything is going to be fine.