No Food and Another Member

A long, slow three months had passed by. The leaves had turned orange and brown, telling us that it is fall. I have on a white long sleeved sweater under my flannel shirt since it is starting get cold.

We've been thinking about giving the monsters a name and decided on calling them walkers. Mostly because they just walk around, until they see something alive to eat.

The motor inn is getting a little more livable, with furniture around and the wall nearly done. Larry at the moment is working on it, using a rock as a hammer.

Dad and Lilly had been arguing a lot more on the littlest of things. Dad even said that she's starting to get paranoid. She also kept saying that we are now running low on food. So dad, Lee and Mark volunteered to go out hunting. She went on top of the RV with her rifle to keep watch.

Dad has been saying that mom and I might leave back to Fort Lauderdale... If he can get the RV running. I kinda don't want to leave, I made a friend and I don't want to leave her.

I also did notice that we are running out, since the rations that were given to me were less and less. It got to a point where my tummy is not full. So, I now felt hungry all the time.

Carley, having kept watch the last time, slept on the couch.

I am currently drawing Batman. I asked Clem if she'd want to join, but she said no. She went over towards the soccer ball, kicking it against a barrel. I noticed that she still doesn't have her blue and white cap on her head. She asked me a couple days ago to help her find it. I searched everywhere; in all of the rooms, under the stairs and every little corner it could be. I never found it. The sadness on her face kinda hurts when she heard the news.

Shaking my head, I continued coloring. I heard someone approaching me and looked up noticing it was mom. She gave a warm smile and I smiled back and continued coloring.

Then I heard a sharp whistle, most likely coming from Lilly. I paused my coloring and listened.

"Get the gates open! We've got wounded!" I heard Lee shout.

Mom got up and ran towards the gates. I put down my crayon and followed her. While I was running, I nearly got run over by a tall teenager. I collided with mom, giving her a big hug for comfort.

Everyone started talking over each other, trying to figure out what happened.

"What happened?" Mom questioned.
"Where should I put him?" Lee asked hurriedly.
"Who the hell are they?" Larry demanded.
"Who's that?" I piped up.
"What's going on?" Carley asked.
"I don't have time to explain," Lee answered.
"Lee, are you okay?" Clementine said concerned.

I see Mark and the teenager carrying another man. My eyes widened and mouth dropped when I see that he has no leg... like it's recently been chopped off. I let go of mom, and gawked at what's in front of me.

Mom noticed this and said shakily. "Get him into the truck, I'll see what I can do, okay?"

Dad ran up to us. "Kat, can you fix him?" He asked hastily.

Mom felt overwhelmed with the question, "Jesus, Ken! I... I-I don't know!"

"Lee!" I heard Lilly say. I moved my eyes to her.

"LEE!" She shouted again, which now made everyone quiet. "What the hell?! You can't just be bringing new people here! What are you thinking?!"

Dad turned to her. "Hey, you wanna calm down for a fucking minute?"

"Hey! Watch your mouth!" I heard Larry scold.

"No, I don't!" Lilly answered. "I want to know why you thought bringing more mouths to feed was a good idea?!"