Starved For Help

We all heard the scream. Clementine and I dropped our crayons and went over to where mom's at. Carley ran in front of us to push us back so we wouldn't get any closer.

I looked over and gasped, the man turned... but how? The man, now a walker, is trying to take a bite at mom. Lee separated them and the monster turned to Lee.

"The axe! Hurry!" He called.

The monster grabbed onto his arm and yanked, pulling Lee under it. It continued attacking until Mark ran over.

Lee pushed the walker and Mark took that time to swing. He ended up chopping the back window of the truck, getting it stuck.

The walker crawled over to Lee and tried to bite his foot. He kicked it off.

The walker crawled to him again, making Lee back up. Which resulted in him to fall off the truck.

The walker pounced on Lee, still trying to bite him.

Carley ran over to help him, pulling out her gun.

"SHOOT IT!"

She aimed and fired, the walker killed. Lee pushed it off, panting.

Carley went down on one knee. "You okay?" She asked concerned.

"Yeah. Thanks."

Larry glared at him. "Why'd ya bring him here in the first place, asshole?!"

Lilly ran up to him. "Dad! Calm down."

Larry ignored her. "You're gonna get us all killed!"

After I see dad comforting mom he turned to Ben angrily. "Why didn't you tell us he was bitten?!"

"What?!" Ben said confused.

"He was bitten and you didn't say a goddamn word!"

Ben shook his head. "But he wasn't bitten! I swear!" He insisted.

"Well your 'not-bitten' friend here came back to life and tried to kill my wife!"

"What?!" He then calmed down a bit. "Wait, ya'll don't know?" He questioned.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Dad demanded.

Everybody surrounded Ben, waiting for his explanation. "It's not the bite that does it!" He told everyone. "Y-You come back no matter how you die. If you don't destroy the brain, that's just what happens. It's gonna happen to all of us."

Everyone was shocked, hoping that what was told wasn't true.

"We're all infected? Everyone?" I heard Lee say quietly.

"I-I guess so. I don't know... All I know is that I've seen people turn who I know were never bitten."

He continued. "When I first saw it happen, we were all hiding out in a gym and everybody thought we were finally safe." He crossed his arms. "But one of the girls, Jenny Pitcher I think? I guess she couldn't take it. She took some pills... a lot of them." There was a pause. "Someone went in the girls' room the next morning and... God."

So that's probably why there's a lot of monsters...

All was quiet, until we heard, "Back off!" It came from Carley.

I looked at her and she had her gun pointed at something... or someone. There were two men, one was holding a gas can and the other had his hands up in surrender.

Dad noticed them and pulled out his rifle and pointed it at them as well.

Mom took me further back by the RV so that I can be safe, but I still try to listen.

"Woah, lady relax!" The one holding the gas can said. "Me and my brother, we... we just want to know if ya'll can help us out."

Carley isn't having it. "I said back off!"

Lilly came up behind her, "Carley..." she warned.

"We don't want any trouble," Lee told them.

"Of course. N-Neither do we." Gas can man said. He then introduced. "I'm Andy St. John. This here's my brother Danny. We're just out looking for gasoline." He held up the can and continued. "Looks like you folks got the motel locked down. W-Which is fine, but uh... if you could spare any gas well, we'd be much obliged."

There was a pause. "Why do you need gas?" Carley questioned.

It's like the men were waiting for that question to come up. Danny spoke this time. "Our place is protected by an electric fence. Generators provide the electricity..."

"Our generators run on gas," Andy finished. "Look, we own a dairy farm a few miles up the road. If ya'll be willing to lower your guns, w-we can talk about some kind of trade."

"How are ya'll doing on food?" Danny said. "W-We got plenty at the dairy."

Food? There's more food? They can give us food if we trade some gas? Let's do it!

"Lee, why don't you and Mark check the place out. See if it's legit," Lilly told Lee.

"I'm going with you." Carley added, lowering her gun and putting it back in her pocket. "I got your back if anything seems fishy."

"So uh, what are ya'll thinking?" Andy said.

"You've got a deal," Lee replied. "We'll bring some gas to your dairy. In exchange, you give us some food to bring back. We'll see how it goes from there."

Andy smiled, "Sounds fair. A couple gallons should power one of our generators for a while."

At that, I see Lee going down to Clementine's level and spoke to her.

He got up and was about to head out with Mark and Carley, but Ben went over to them.

"Can I join you guys?" he asked.

Lee nodded. "Sure, it doesn't seem it'd be too bad. Come along."

Lee, Mark, Carley and Ben went out to follow the two men.

I hope it'll all work out. I am still hungry, so it'd be great to get more food. Especially from a dairy farm.