🥥⤷ ep 4 | when does it stop?

Chenyug was sat in a van with her other members, exhaustion filling her body. She had just been practising with NCT 127, their debut being around 2 months away.

The car pulled over and the members started filtering out but stopped as their manager started talking.

"Can Mark, Haechan and Chen please come with to the SM building?" he said and looked back at the group from the front.

"Huh, why?" Mark asked confused. "Have we done something wrong?" Chenyug added nervously.

"Of course not," their manager chuckled at the two teenagers, "we just have a meeting you three need to attend". The three members were still confused but decided not to question it further and just complied.

♡at the sm building♡

The meeting was not at all what they had expected. Turns out SM were debuting yet another NCT subunit called NCT Dream, which was to be for all the members that were still minors.

They met the other five members of the group and were told that they were going to debut in 5 months?! All 8 members sat in shock at the news. The manager and people working at SM apologized for the short preparation time, explaining how some members had been busy with the nct 127 and u debut. They informed the group that they would start practising as early as the next day and told them to try and get to know each other as quickly as possible.

So the 3 nct 127 members helped the other dreamies into their own dorm and then went back to the nct 127 dorms to inform the other members of the news.

♡the day after♡

Chenyug's alarm went off at 4:30 am, booming through her headphones and nearly giving the girl a heart attack.

As quietly as possible she crept out of her bed and got changed into some training clothes before sneaking over to the kitchen. Chenyug took the Coconut smoothie she'd made the day before from the freezer and put it in the mixer, grabbing a granola bar as well and then leaving the dorm.

A staff member drove her to the SM building, it only took 10 minutes and Chenyug went directly to the practice room she'd been told Dream would be using after.

She immediately started practising on her own. Working k  the Fire Truck choreography since they'd also be debuting soon. The dance teacher was set to arrive at 7:30, so Chenyug had around 2 hours to train on her own.

It was around one hour later, at 6:30 am that Mark and Donghyuk entered the practice room and saw the girl.

"Oh, we thought you might here," Mark said as they walked inside the room, putting their things by the side.

"Yeah, I've been here since 5 o'clock," she said nonchalantly and they looked at her slightly shocked.

"Since 5 am? Damn, I just train late," Donghyuck said, shaking her head at her like she was crazy.

"...oh, I do that too, just wanted to get a headstart today," she shrugged her shoulders. "Anyway, you guys can join me if you'd like. The teacher won't be here until like an hour," she explained and the two joined her in dancing, going through the moves to ensure they did them perfectly.

At 7 am all the Dreamies were inside the practice room, and at 7:30 sharp the doors opened and in walked their dance teacher. However, there were also two men behind him carrying one big box each. They set them down next to the door and then left without saying anything.

"Hello everyone, I'm the choreographer for your debut and will be teaching you the dance today, no one will leave until you all know the dance," their dance teacher, a man who seemed around his mid-30s said and the 8 teenagers all nodded.

"Okay, so let me explain. For your debut, SM is trying something different. Those are going to be within the dance," he said gesturing towards the boxes. "You can all look inside and take out one each" he added and they all flocked to the boxes and opened them.

"Woah, hoverboards!" Jisung exclaimed in excitement and everyone took out one each.

"I will give you 15 minutes to get used to them then we will start practising," the choreographer added coldly and they immediately started playing around with the cool toys.

Chenyug walked off to the side of the room and put it down on the floor. Hesitantly she stood on the unstable board while holding onto the dance railing by the wall. She went back and forth a bit before turning into the room. Jeno, Jisung, and Donghyuck were already going around quickly, spinning and trying out different fun things. Chenyug pointed the front of her foot down and drove away from the wall.

After some minutes she too was ridding around the room and had resorted to chasing Donghyuck with a grin on her face as laughter filled the room.

"Okay, looks like you're all ready," the dance choreographer called out at the sight of all of them driving around on the boards.

They stopped fooling around at his words and faced him, waiting for instructions. He took out a hoverboard for himself and then started teaching the choreography.

_____

I hope this was somewhat interesting...as always pls comment suggestions for episodes and hope you enjoyed <3

x // Cece

(edited 17/3 2022)