🥥⤷ ep 18 | New friends

When school started again a lot more people were talking to Chenyug. The one plus side the whole Mrs Kang ordeal had had, was that it had increased Chenyug's popularity a lot. Nct 127's new comeback had also increased the group's popularity a lot.

Chenyug answered their questions and said thanks to those conveying their worry, but she didn't really engage in conversations with them. She didn't want to talk to people who were only interested in her because of her fame.

During one break, however, Chenyug decided to walk up to a girl sitting on her own. Partially because her stylist had once again told her to socialize more, but also to get away from the crowd of students trying to talk to her.

"Hello," Chenyug said smiling, standing in front of her desk, "hi," she responded in a monotone voice.

However, Chenyug ignored her unfriendliness and continued. "What's your name?" the girl continued not looking at her as she answered, "Sung Nayeon".

"Okay, hi Nayeon my name is Lee Chenyug," finally the girl looked up at the girl, "not to be rude but I don't want to talk to you because you are famous or something. Just because you're an Idol doesn't mean you're better than everyone else," she snapped, shocking the girl.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I came off that way. I just didn't want to talk to those other people," Chenyug said awkwardly, gesturing toward a small group of students whilst scratching her neck, "because they only want to talk to me because I'm an Idol," Nayeon looked at the shorter girl as if to say 'keep going'

"Of course, I'm not better than others just because I'm an Idol, I'm only human. Also..." Chenyug pauses, putting a finger to her lip as she contemplated. "Now that I get a better look at you...aren't you Rachel from APRIL?" Nayeon sat silently for a while, looking like she'd been caught in a lie.

"...yes," she responded reluctantly, "I thought so," Chenyug smiled. "Well anyways...sorry for being rude. I'm just kinda fed up with people thinking that they are better than everyone else," Nayeon finally spoke, looking away from Chenyug slightly embarrassed.

"I understand what you mean," for the first time since Chenyug approached her, Nayeon smiled and pulled out the chair next to her.

"Sit down," she did as told and sat down, turning towards Nayeon as the two talked, getting to know each other a little better.

"Do you wanna sit with me and my friend during lunch?" Chenyug asked after a little while.

"Sure, as long as I can bring with one of my friends, though she will probably bring one or two of her friends as well..." she droned off but Chenyug just smiled, nodding her head.

Just as she said that their teacher walked in and Chenyug returned to her own seat.

♡♡♡

After the lesson ended the two went over to their next class which would be dance. They were both studying practical dance, which meant they had a lot of dance-related lessons.

When they get there the two quickly change and sit on the floor with all the other students. They talk for a while as they wait for their teacher, getting to know each other better. The awkward air around them was slowly disappearing and when the teacher comes in and tells them to pair up two-and-two they decide to pair up.

♡♡♡

After their lesson is finished they get changed into their school uniform again and Chenyug remembers that she should probably message Jiwoo before just showing up with a bunch of people.