{ 24 }

At some point the pain mellowed into the background of my conciousness. I still had no control over anything, all of my senses were blocked. My body was in turmoil.

I could slightly feel myself convulsing, but not hearing any comfort from Jeremy or Xavier. I needed to hear them, I was horrified. Would I be able to live through this? Would I be able to function once the full moon was over?

I began to drift into dream like states to comfort myself. Xavier and I in the bedroom, his fangs deep in me. Jeremy and I in the woods, tearing each other's clothes off. Xavier kissing me over and over in my home in Florida. Dancing with Jeremy under the stars, his hands wandering all over me.

My mind constantly flipped and flopped between fantasies, interupting each other.

By the time my hearing came to, the silence was louder than the ringing. Was I alone?

I could feel the pain had begun to simmer, to relax further and allow me to start joining my body again.

I could feel someone holding my hand. I squeezed the hand as best as I could manage, but silence ensued. I squeezed again, the icicle temperature of them registering with me.

I attempt to open my eyes, finding myself in Samuel's room. When I look to the hand, I find a lifeless Yvonne next to me, dolled up in her funeral dress. But she was beginning to decay, turn black and rotting. The sight horrified me, making me grab my hand back. A shriek came from me.

"Lorelei," a voice beckoned, "Lorelei please answer me. Please be okay."

I felt my eyes tear open once more, facing the real world and shielding me away from the sight of Yvonne's dirt corpse.

I glare up at the cieling, feeling the insane headache that enveloped me.

"Hey, hey, hey," Theo was next to me. I recognized I was in the attic, on the same table I had rested on when I fell down the steps. His face hovered over mine, worry clear on his face.

"You can hear me, yes?" He asks & I nod slowly. "How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Three," I answer quickly, my throat croaking as I do so. It sounded rough and I became anxious and worried all over again. It was too heavy to breathe deep.

"Its okay, you're okay, relax. You must relax," Theo urged.

"Am I dying?" I ask, feeling so drained.

"No," Theo answers, "we couldn't let that happen."

"What happened?" I ask, closing my eyes against the light.

"Your body lost control. Not only do you still have Xavier's devotion running through you, you acquired Jeremy's. I've never seen this before, I don't know what to expect. But you won't die, Lorelei."

"I feel like I am," I groan. Theo keeps anymore comments to himself as he seats me up right and hands me some gatorade.

Apparently I had been in that state for two days, and tonight the moon's session will break and things will get easier. But for now, Jeremy and Xavier were to stay far away from me so they couldn't trigger me any further. A part of me yearned for both of them.

Samuel would eventually join us in the room, with food in hand for me. I wasn't sure I would be able to hold anything down, maybe not even the drink, but I tried my best.

"We have discussed our options and I must tell you, Lorelei." Samuel begins his usual authorative moment. I just spoon in the soup, listening.

"We plan to take you to Kallum. If he can remove the blood bond for Xavier he can remove it from you, for both of them."

My heart pounds. But! I wanted them, I wanted them both! I pout slightly, but don't comment yet.

"We shall have you brought over and cleansed, make sure we fix this. I am so sorry for the pain you are in."

"You can't do it yourselves? Doesn't Xavier know how?"

"Xavier was tortured in the mean time and exhausted nonetheless. He barely remembers what happened, we can't replicate something so serious on a whim."

"Your mother?"

"Suggested the same," Samuel frowns further.

"So, you plan on just handing me over to the psychopaths?" My voice croaked once more as the emotions rose from me.

"Lorelei, that could have killed you. We can't take this chance each full moon, we must stop it."

"This is ridiculous," I mutter, feeling betrayed. "They will kill me and you know it."

"They will do no such thing," he says solemnly. "I will see to it myself. No harm, only cleansing."

"Can you really argue for it?"

"This is what they wanted all along is it not? They've got us & they've got us good." Samuel says low.

"When do I go?" I ask, sighing heavily.

"As soon as you can function with confidence."

I didn't want to go. I wanted to be here with my lovers, it hurting thinking I would leave them behind. Did they not need me? Did they know this plan?

"What about Xavier, Jeremy?"

"On lockdown until your return."

"No goodbye?" Samuel shakes his head.

With that, Samuel exits, leaving Theo with me.

"Will Naomi help?" I ask, needing some sort of reassurance.

"Of course, she'll do her best," he nods. I take a deep breath. "Scared?"

"Sad, scared, confused."

"As you should be." He frowns at me and I can't relax the unease pacing through me. What would happen to me?