{ 27 }

It is day sixty seven in Kallum's fortress of an organization. I am back home with my father and a few others from the church who stay with us. I imagine they stay to keep an eye on me.

  My mother is now dead. Killed during the ritual, to kill the blood line to my mates. I had no idea that was in the description, Kallum kept that from me on purpose. Apparently she sacrificed herself, but that scream... it did not sound willing. But no one cared if I thought any different.

My father admitted to me that he was a missionary of the church that seeked out descendants of bloodlines. He found my mom when she was sixteen and persued a relationship with her as soon as he could. They were married young, which I knew growing up, at twenty. But they had my brother when my mother was 17.
He admitted that I was a mistake, an accidental baby. Having a boy was a relief the first time, since they don't pose any issues with these supernatural.

But I was a girl.

So it was clear to him what eventually would need to be done, to bring me back to his home town and hopefully have me start a human life under supervision. But of course, it didn't go as planned. That it was such a fantastically slim chance that I would be a blood match to Xavier.

My father seemed bothered by my mother's death but not enough to cry and be emotional with me. I hope somewhere deep down he truly cared for her and didnt see her his whole life as a mission he was stuck finishing.

When I first arrived home, after two weeks devotionally trapped in the prayer halls of Kallum's house, my father sat me down and spilled the beans. He said since I was one of his own now, he could be up front with me.

He explained what stories he had been weaving for my brother, although Gavin knew more than I anticipated. My mother was in the dark more than he when it came to this.

Two full moons came and passed and I was doing just fine. No burning, no mood swings. It seemed the cleansing had done its job. The only difference came to my nightmares, I now had nightly terrors and had started to sleepwalk on full moons.

I had nightmares every night of Kallum beating me, of Jeremy crying out in pain for me from the loss of his mate who would never return, of my mother getting her throat slit over a basin, screaming for help. Even of Kallum's eyes turning purple before he would bite into me.

From my time spent behind the scenes of the church, I could recognize they weren't out to kill me. Just prevent my play into strengthening the vampire family.

With my blood Kallum was able to test for a pregnancy, which of course came back negative. So that secret was out too, I wasn't carrying Jeremy's baby as they may have hoped. Although I suspected they knew that wasn't the case to begin with, just to satisfy his family.

Though my bonds were broken, I still daydreamed of my lost family. Of what Eve was learning, of what Xavier or Jeremy was doing with their time. A part of me still felt for them but I could never admit that outloud.

I was certain my own family was no longer existent. Mom, gone. Dad, a liar. Brother, trying his best to be oblivious with a nearly born child.

Sometimes late at night I would stare out my window and wait for a glimpse of purple eyes, but I never saw anything. It seemed for the most part the vampire brothers were leaving me alone.

I was lonely. I never got to leave the house unless someone was at my side at all times. The only time I had any privacy was in my own room. So I stayed there as often as I could.

It wasn't easy being around anyone either, my anxiety grew too high. All these people seemed to hold me in some regard of disgust.

A sigh escapes me. I was in my bedroom, alone, for now.