{ 29 }

My head was spinning. So much was happening. Xavier was crying, Jeremy was just solemnly staring at me in awe. Yvonne was alive, atleast somewhat. Samuel seemed to have recovered from his intense depression, no doubt to Yvonne's rising from the grave.

Yvonne approaches me, linking arms with me. She is cold, just like the brothers. A sense of comfort washes through me, relaxing me slightly.

"Why don't we all relax before we overwhelm Lorelei, yes? The last thing we want is to stress her." Yvonne speaks to Xavier more specifically, glaring, as she turns us and begins heading down the stairs and back into the rooms of the house.

The boys follow us silently as Yvonne brings us to the kitchen. No other vampires in sight still, not even Henry joined us further.

I seat myself at the island, taking deep breaths. Yvonne gives me some water, but I wished for coffee.

"It is miraculous that you lived through such an event as removing the mated bonds. It surprises me, actually." Yvonne speaks up first, taking a spot next to her husband, his arm grabbing around her.

"I wonder if Kallum really understood the length of danger," Jeremy sighs. He had not spoken much. "Most likely he did which is just.. disappointing."

"If Kallum knew he is desperate" Xavier states. "Especially considering his recent evidence of him seeking to join us as living dead. He could certainly make Lorelei a test subject if it went wrong."

Here we were, back to the usual. The brothers discussing plans and theories, while I stood on the outside with questions. It was so frustrating!

"What do you mean, become living dead... himself?" I chime in.

"Kallum thinks he knows the steps and spells to create a vampire, surely maybe he does know pieces. But not all. Theo and Naomi have informed us that he has been working on himself to become like us."

My mind flashes to the glint in Kallum's eyes when he looked at me, the purple. I wasn't just seeing things?

"I saw it," I tell them. "When he was draining me, I saw it when he looked at me. I believe it." I nod my head. "They kept me locked up pretty tight. Whether for my own protection or for Kallum's plan."

Samuel only nods to me with a tight lip, "I see."

Jeremy is at my side now, taking a seat beside me. Xavier is across the room, from all of us.
I sip my water.

"So, what is going on? I heard people are dying and now you are working with Theo and Naomi. Is Naomi not at the house?" I want as much information as I can get. I want a hope that people arent just.. dying at their hands.

"Once they took you, Kallum made contact with our mother. Asking for supplies, for things that didnt make any sense. He claimed it was for you but.. she knows better. She met with him & that was when she felt how cold he was, and his eyes had changed. She knew he was working on his immortality or burying himself deep into magic work." Samuel shook his head in sadness. "Once Theo was exposed to them, he exposed Naomi to us. We were cautious at first but when she was kicked out by her family, well, we had to take her in. She confirmed Kallum's recent activity as well. But not in time to see if you had made it out of that ritual alive."

"When we found out what Kallum was doing, we had to call upon some friends, for our protection. If Kallum is building himself up, hes planning some sort of attack. Yet, bringing new vampires to our land here has Kallum sending out troops to execute and innitiate the fight further. Leaving them in the streets is the only message we can send-stop wasting your people. That we will fight and we will win."

I sip longingly on my water, the nerves in me bubbling. How gruesome.

"Have any of your friends been.. killed?"

"Yes, a few." I look to Jeremy who had his eyes on me. He smiles down at me and I cant help but nuzzle him back. I wondered if the bond was still attached to him and if so, I felt sorry for him. I knew the heartache of being on the other end of a bond, the one still attached. Yet, he still looked to me with so much love, no hatred. Not even jealousy.

"Do you have any more questions?" Samuel asks me, as Yvonne moves to Xavier now, to whisper something to him. He hadnt moved from behind us.

"Where is everyone else? I havent seen another soul in here."

"The basement, the only place we have available for guests of that magnitude. Everything up here is just for show, per say," Samuel turns then. "I need to find my daughter, I'll see you later Lorelei." His sudden exit makes me confused but I can only shrug it off.

"I am glad you made it back," Jeremy says to me, his hand now on my shoulder.

"I am too," I answer.