Second Star To The Right

✦ "Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." 

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

'8:05 a.m' I read the digital clock as music played in the background and mom cooked, while Henry and I watered the plants. Finishing up we washed our hands and sat at the table where Mom set down our plates of scrambled eggs and pancakes in front of us along with a cup of hot coco topped with wipped cream.

"Mom, you forgot something." Henry and I turned to her.

"Right, cinnamon." She snapped her fingers bringing us the jar.

"Here you go." She smiled. Once we poured a good ammount of cinnamon in our drink we held it up and clinked the mugs and took a sip. We just about picked up our forks when someone knocked on the door.

"Someone coming over?" I asked.

"No." Mom ignored it only for the knocking to become louder.

"Wait here." She set her napkin on the table and turned off the music while we just began eating. Getting up to peek I gave Henry the 'Shhh.' sign to which he nodded to. Peering through the small hallway that led to the front door I found a handsome man dressed like a pirated with a striking resemblance to me accompanied by a boy dressed in a lot of green who was also really attractive, for some reason he made my heart flutter. Deciding not to get in trouble today I tip-toed back to the table.

"Who was it?" Henry whispered.

"I don't know they were dressed really weird though, kinda like what a revamped Peter Pan and Captain Hook would look like." I noted which made him nod. Once we heard the door slam Henry turned to Mom who was coming back.

"Who was it?" Henry asked.

"No idea. Someone must've left the door open upstairs. Come on, let's eat." She sat back down. Finishin off our food we went through with the rest of the day ending it with Mom going on a date while Henry and I stayed back playing video games attempting to level up. Once she came home from her date Henry and I had to drop some of our philosophy (aquired somewhere aftter level 16) on relationships.

~~

"Mom, do you have it? My permission slip? It's due today and if I don't hand it in, i'll miss the museum trip next week." Henry shrugged.

"Yeah, it's right here." She pulled the paper from her bag and handed it to him she seemed to be acting weird which made Henry and I look at eachother before nodding.

"Mom, is there something going on?" I asked.

"No, nothing." She shook her head.

"You're doing it again. You're worrying." Henry pointed out making me nod.

"No, I am not. I am thinking. There is a difference." She replied.

"Are you thinking about Walsh?" I grinned.

"No, I... Yeah. I am. Can you blame me for taking 24 hours to think through a life altering desicion? I just want to make sure nothing is wrong." She breathed out as Heny and I put on our backpacks.

"You're always looking for something to be wrong." I frowned slightly.

"You don't have to do that, you know. Sometimes it's okay to accept... Things are good." He shrugged making me nod.

"We gotta go." I smiled as we both gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Gonna be late." Henry nodded as we gave her one last hug.

"See ya."

"Love ya!" We called out the door.

"Love you, too." I heard before we left the condo and headed off to school.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆