Never Is An Awfully Long Time

"Never is an awfully long time." 

✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸

Walking by the shore I relaxed as I carried my boots in my hands the occassional wind blowing my hair and leather coat back.

'Oh how I missed the feeling of the leather on my skin.' I sighed happily dipping my toes into the waves that would come in and leave and do it again. Stopping where the water just about met shore I looked up and enjoyed the wind, I looked up at the clouds and began to daze off.

After regiaining my memories my whole self felt better, it felt as the empty hole in my chest was filled once again. It all came back to me even the painful bits, but I was happy and complete and thats all that mattered. The only problem was the lack of privacy now. When I went out some one was always at my side, mostly Peter.

"Peter, you don't have to follow me everywhere you know?" I frowned stopping to look at him.

"I know, it's just- I-I don't want to lose you again. When I... 'died' I felt shattered at the thought that because of my selfishness I left you..." He set his hands on my waist.

"Peter..." I whispered.

"When I woke up in the Enchanted Forrest and saw that I was given this second chance, I decided I wouldn't leave you that I wouldn't throw away the gift I was given." He kissed my forehead.

"Elinore, I love you." He whispered placing his forhead against mine.

"I love you, too, Peter." I pecked his lips placing my hands on his forearms. Pulling away he took a step back before pulling something out of his front pocet. Covering the object he suddenly opened it to reval a ring as he got on a knee. The ring was small but perfect it had a decent sized white jewel in the shape of a star with a smaller one to the left of it.

"Peter?" I asked feeling a bit shocked yet scared.

"Don't worry, just a few years ago I was just about commiting murder to  be a boy forever, I know for a fact neither one of us are ready to that type of commitment yet." He chuckled.

"What are you doing then?" I blushed.

"A promise."

"A promise?" I repeated.

"Yes, a promise... Because I promise to be yours forever, I promise to never leave you, I promise to protect you and never leave you." He took the ring out and held it between his thumb and index finger.

"Do you accept my promise?" He stared into my eyes.

"Yes, Peter. I accept you promise!" I nodded grabbing his face to pull him into a kiss, slipping the ring on my finger he smiled as I pulled him up to stand. Pulling me into a hug we stayed like that as the wind blew and the waves rolled in.

"Stay with me forever and never leave?" He whispered.

"Forever is an awfully long time isn't it?" I joked.

"Well with you time only flies by." He responded.

"Then forver is perfect." I nodded kissing him once more.

➸The end✧

✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸✧➸