Chapter 5:

Chapter 5:

Valentina’s POV:

I was exhausted.  The clock was eight in the morning, and I had spent most of the night on the phone with my family. I usually got to bed around 4:30, so it wasn’t strange that I was tired. Besides, I had been up extremely early to go to the damn Werewolf meeting. I had every reason to be tired.  

I decided to go to the kitchen before I got to bed. I really hated to go to sleep on an empty stomach, and I hadn’t eaten since I was on the shopping center with Conner. What surprised me was how everyone seemed to be awake. The house was basically crawling with life, and there were wolves everywhere. Luckily they seemed way too stressed to pay me any attention.

“Hey! Valentina, you’re late,” someone shouted. I quickly found the source of the voice once Conner’s beta, Will, made his way towards me.

“Late?” I asked, and narrowed my eyes. Yes, I was late to bed, but I couldn’t see how it would be his business. People can got to sleep when they want to, right?

“Yeah. School starts in 15 minutes,” he said, and frowned towards me. “Didn’t anybody tell you?”

I shook my head, rather confused. “But it’s bright day!” I objected.

He blinked a couple of times. Now he seemed just as confused as me. “So?”

“Aren’t werewolves creatures of the night?” I asked. This wasn’t good. I hadn’t slept a bit. I certainly couldn’t go to school now!

“You mean you usually sleep during the day?” he asked, now more interested than confused.

I just nodded. I didn’t’ know what I had expected. It had been so silent during the night, but I hadn’t paid it a single thought.

“Wow. That’s amazing!” Will continued, and grinned at me. “Does that mean you will burn in the sun?”

I couldn’t help but to crack a smile. “No” I simply answered. The sun wouldn’t harm me in any permanent way, but it was extremely uncomfortable. I usually got a headache, and if I stayed out for too long I would probably throw up.

“Well, school is starting soon, so you better get breakfast. Conner should be done showering in time” he continued, before he left.

I wasn’t sure how I felt about Will, but he certainly was funny. A bit to hyper, perhaps, but still funny.

~

I turned out that I didn’t get time to eat breakfast. Conner had come running down the stairs, and told me that we had to leave, before I had figured out where the refrigerator was. Well, I guess I would just have to wait for the lunch break.

It turned out that the school lay just across the street from the pack house. Well, school was perhaps an overstatement. It was a quite small building, and Conner confessed that it didn’t have more than about a hundred pupils.

“It’s a werewolf school” he explained. He continued with explaining how the school was for those in the pack who had turned, and didn’t want to go to a regular high school anymore. “Someone choose to go to a regular high school, and do training outside school, but most of us prefer to do everything in one blow!”

I wasn’t sure what he meant about training, but I didn’t ask. He seemed so happy. Not that I cared if he was happy, of course.

~

“Here’s your schedule” Conner said, once we had gotten inside. I didn’t answer. Don’t get me wrong, Conner seemed kind of nice (and hot), but I wasn’t going to fall in love with him just because he said I was his mate. I would give him a fair chance, but nothing more.