Chapter 6:

Yay!

My first hundred reads! *Le happy dance*

I've been looking forwards to this chapter, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Chapter 6:

Conner's POV:

I was going to kill Fredrik.

I would have done it already, but Valentina was hurt, and even though I was in a murderous mood, I had to take care of my mate first. So I carried her to the nursery with Ethan and Will following me, instead of rip Fredrik's head off.

After getting Valentina safely under our Pack doctor's care, I turned towards the exit, but found it blocked.

"Get out of my way," I said, and my glare threw daggers towards Ethan and Will. I wasn't in the mood to play games, and neither was my wolf. Someone had attacked our mate, after all. Nobody would get away with hurting out mate.

"Not a chance," Ethan answered. It wasn't like him to be this serious, and much less defying me. Yes, I was his friend, but also his future Alpha.

"What did you say?" I growled.

"Your mate needs you to be here," Will answered, "And you might kill Fredrik if you get out there now!"

Kill your friends first, and then make Fredrik's death painful, my wolf suggested. The thought was quite tempting.

"I want him dead!" I answered Will, to my wolf's approval.

"No you don't. He is a part of your pack!"

Kill them all, my wolf growled. He was really getting into this, and he started to fight for control of our body. The problem was that I partly agreed with him. I wanted Fredrik dead for harming my mate, and I didn't care about who I would have to go through.

I was about to make a move I certainly would have regretted later, but luckily I got distracted by Valentina waking up. Okay. She had obviously been awake for a while, but I hadn't noticed her until now.

"Conner, what are you doing?" she asked.

I spun around. My mate sat up straight in her bed. She seemed rather pale, but then again she always seemed pale. Will had mentioned something about her being used to sleeping through the day, so she would obviously not get much sunshine.

"Are you okay?" I said, and rushed to her bedside.

"Yeah, I feel fine," she assured me. She sounded fine as well, but I couldn't quite believe it. She had taken some serious damage.

"You should probably stay in bed for a while!"

"No"

"What?" I asked, now totally confused.

"I feel fine!" She sounded a bit annoyed. "Look" she continued, and lifted her shirt, so I could see her stomach. I had expected to see a serious wound, but it was only a scar that slowly faded. I couldn't believe my own eyes. Nobody could heal so quickly, not even a werewolf.

"How?" Ethan finally asked, after a shot silence. He and Will seemed just as surprised as me.

"Vampires heal faster than any creature in the world, as long as we have blood in our system" she explained. That was news to me. I had thought it was funny how Valentina knew so little about werewolves, but now I realized that I didn't know much about vampires either.

Suddenly Valentina doubled over, and she gasped with pain.

"What is it?" I half asked, half shouted. Seeing my mate in pain was even worse than seeing her unconscious. I wondered if her wound had opened again. If that was the case, then Fredrik was dead already.