Chapter 18:

Hey guys!

It’s Christmas eve, (At least it’s evening here,) and so I figured I should give you some kind of Christmas present. (In Norway we celebrate Christmas and give each other present in the evening December 24, not in the morning 25.)

So yeah. Enjoy!

This chapter contains some mature content, btw. (I learned how to say it professionally.) You can skip the more mature parts if it makes you uncomfortable. 

Chapter 18

Conner’s POV:

Following Logan was probably a pretty stupid decision, but I couldn’t think straight at the moment. I wanted him dead. I wanted him to suffer for what he had done. It needed to be done now. Not after the battle or in five years. I needed vengeance NOW.

For some reason, the murder on Will was even worse than the one at my parents. Maybe it made me a terrible son, but I could see how the murder on my parents had been necessary. Well, not necessary, but important to take over our pack. I would still kill him for it, but it wasn’t as horrible as the murder on Will. Will had just been there. It wasn’t any reason to kill him, other than to hurt me, and it brought out a rage in me I hadn’t realized existed. So yeah, I was just following Logan blindly into the woods, unable to think about anything other than ripping him to pieces.

My wolf was silent, (for a change), which should’ve made me anxious, but I figured he was just grieving his beta. He had been just as close to Will’s wolf as I had been to Will, after all.

Logan suddenly stopped, almost causing me to run into him. I jumped back, ready to attack him and start a fight to the death, but something stopped me. For a moment I felt utterly confused, but then I realized what had restrained me. I could feel a presence. The presence of the one person that could calm me down in a situation like this. Only, it didn’t calm me. Not now. Because my mate was the last person I wanted in the middle of this mess.

I lifted my head, and tried to make out which direction Val was coming from. A moment later someone walked out from the shadows, and the breath got caught in my throat.

Valentina was handcuffed and bleeding from her head. Her eyes were fixated on mine, and her clothes were dripping of water. God, the ones who had hurt her would get a painful death.

My anger only rose once I noticed the one who carried her. Rosalie. One of my own pack members. Heck, even one of my friends. It felt as though someone had just pierced me with a knife, probably from behind. That backstabbing bitch would have to pay.

I bared my teeth, and took a step towards Rosalie, but Logan growled at me, and it was impressive enough to stop me. I glared at the other alpha. I was pretty sure he was grinning, that son of a bitch.

Rosalie let go of Valentina, and my mate hit the ground. I hated Rosalie for being so careless, hated her even more than I had done before. Rosalie didn’t make the situation better when she got a wooden stake out of her belt, and held it against my mate’s chest.

“Change back to human form, Conner,” Rosalie commanded. I wanted to defy her, and ask her to visit hell, but she pressed the stake against Val’s chest, causing her to bleed. It wouldn’t kill Val, not even close to, but it would still hurt, and I understood the threat. I changed back into human form, not bothering to get embarrassed of my lack of clothes.

“What do you want?” I spat, not caring about sounding polite.

“It’s not about what Rosalie want, Conner,” Logan said. He had changed back into his human form as well. “It’s about what I want.”