Chapter 12:

Hey guys!

Before I post the chapter I just want to say thank you! I’ve reached my first thousand reads, and I’m kind of amazed. Just know that you make me extremely happy by reading this story!

An extra thanks to the people who vote and comment. You just warm my heart! *Cheesy as it sounds*

Well; Here is your chapter!

Chapter 12:

Valentina’s POV:

My brother once told me about a hunt he had been on. The royal vampires didn’t really allow hunting, (since the humans usually got killed), but there was an unwritten rule who said you could go on a hunt once every fifty year, or so.

Tyler went on his first hunt about thirty years ago. He had never given me any details, but he had described the feeling. “The taste of the blood fills your head, and the urge drives you on. You can’t resist it, no matter how hard you try. And don’t let anyone come between you and your prey, because that won’t be pretty!” I thought I had understood what he meant. I was wrong.  

I had never been so swift in my entire life, and I moved between the trees without any problem at all. The bloodlust was insane, and every inch of my body told me to find my prey and drain him of blood. No… That wasn’t it. Find Conner and save him, was what I meant. I would have to remember that.

While I ran through the forest, I finally realized that this was the true essence of being a vampire. To hunt. Our strength wasn’t in head on head battle, but to hunt our prey. Our enemies were the once stupid enough to come in our way, and the rest of the world didn’t matter. Being a vampire wasn’t a weakness, but it couldn’t be your strength if you didn’t know how to handle you powers. My instincts told me that I could take down anyone who came in my way.

I finally slowed my pace, once I sensed that my prey was getting closer, and I stopped outside an old building that looked like it could fall apart every moment. The grey stonewall had almost collapsed on the left side, and some of the windows were broken. There was trash scattered around the whole area, and the door was locked with a chain that seemed to be made out of silver, but I wouldn’t have any problem with breaking it. Yet, the whole place was screaming of danger.

If this was an action movie, this would probably be the part were the hero convinced his loyal friend to stay behind, while he went in to save the pretty girl. Later the hero’s friend would come inside, and save the hero from some horrible death the villain was dragging out. But this wasn’t a cheesy action movie, and I didn’t have a loyal friend to stay behind anyway.

The inside of the building made the situation look even more like an action movie. The hallways were stretching down in every direction, and I could hear faint footsteps if I listened carefully. I resist the urge to hum the James Bond melody, while I chose the hallway to the right.

It felt as though my steps made echoes down the hallway, even though I was pretty sure I didn’t make a sound. My heightened senses almost went crazy as I got closer to my prey, and I was getting really fired up. I wanted the blood so much. I needed it.

I pushed the door at the end of the hallway open, and the smell who filled my nose told me that I had come to the right place. The scent was nearly impossible to resist, but unfortunately I had an urgent treat standing in front of me, blocking the way towards my prey. I was standing face to face with a hunter.