Chapter 5

It was evening time. The sky was covered with clouds and it could rain any time. However at Nirmal Jyoti Society in Ahemdabad, the thunder had taken place long back, and the heavy showers were happening at the present.

The Aggarwal house was never a quiet, normal home, it was more of a argument filled, rather violent boxing ring, where the said family had to live. But today, the topic of the brand new argument was Naina's higher education.

"O bai, iss Naina ke liye itne paise kyu kharch karne hai? Patel Mahavidyalaya ki fees jaante ho Anand Babu. Are lut jayenge hum log. Iske baap ke paas toh paise hai nahi. Ise hume hi padhana likhana hoga. Yeh Rakesh ji toh iski shaadi Kar le, usi mein hum Ganga naha lenge." Taiji said while looking at Rakesh with intense dislike.

Rakesh was livid, yet again. He turned to Naina and exclaimed "Dekh Liya, teri wajah se kya kya sunna pad raha hai mujhe. Log sirf gareeb aadmi Ko taane hi maar sakte hai. Zyada padhai likhai ka bhoot chadha tha. Jaanti nahi ki iss Ghar mein dushmano ki kami nahi hai"

His "reasonable" anger towards Naina would have continued till eternity, until Anand could not bear it anymore, " Bhaisahab ismein Naina ki koi galti nahi hai. Please us bechari Ko mat daatiye. Aur bhabhi ji aap, Naina meri bhi bacchi hai. Uski padhai hum sabki zimmedari hai. Aur thode paiso se agar humari bacchi Ko acchi Shiksha milti hai toh ismein kya buraai hai"

"Ne vah, Lekin woh thode paise aap aur hum hi kyu denge. Yeh Rakesh ji kuch nahi karenge kya. Inka sirf ek beta nahi, Balki ek ladki bhi hai. Woh toh iss ladki ka rang-roop aur nain-naksh theek thaak hai, warna toh shaadi hi na ho iski. O Rakesh ji, ladki jitni bhi sundar ho, lekin bina dahej ke uski shaadi nahi hoti. Pooja ki shaadi se hi kuch seekh lete. Anand Babu ne paanch lakh kharche the, tum kya paanch sau kharchoge"

The taunt had hit Rakesh hard. Even after repeated apologies to Rakesh from Anand, on the behalf of Taiji, he was still firm on his desicion of Naina's enrollment in VJN instead of Patel Mahavidyalaya, whose fees was more affordable for the house. Anand was extremely disappointed with this fact, while Taiji seemed satisfied. Tauji had no say, as usual while Bela was not permitted to say anything. However, Preeti was still happy that Naina will be studying with her and Swati, but Naina's mind was lost

Sameer is in VJN too and going there would mean, facing Sameer for one whole year. She could not believe, that she actually thought that she could get over her feelings for him. She cursed her kundali, and pleaded to God to do some miracle. But obviously, nothing really happened and one such ordinary morning, Naina found herself getting ready for her first day in college, with usual tips about setting her hair, from Preeti.

--------------------------------
It was morning time and VJN College was filled with an air of excitement and freshness. The fact that it was a brand new year at college meant different things to different people. Some were relieved to be back at college, and finally get a break from their nagging family members. Some were excitedly chatting about the upcoming inter-college competitions. Some had already planned the proposal for their crush ,while others chatted about movies. Lovers breathed a sigh of relief at coming back, since a break from college meant a break from love life. The majority of them however, were waiting for the arrival of first years. New beautiful girls, excitement among second years about being seniors and most of all - ragging...

The senior students were crowded around the The Red Rose restaurant or the college entrance, waiting for their buddies, while first years were looking at the college in complete awe. But the way they were running away from seniors, one could tell that they were scared of getting ragged.

Suddenly, a brand new motorcycle came speeding by and entered the college. The young rider was wearing goggles, a blue t-shirt, white jacket and matching white jeans. His silky hair were flying in the air and he greatly resembled the actor Salman Khan.