Chapter 23

It was a particularly pleasant morning, and the students of VJN University were quiet cheerful, thanks to a joyful few days that marked the end of the chaotic elections.

Most of the students were hogging the college grounds, while the studious ones were absolutely thrilled to get quieter classrooms. However, the "social" and the "gossiper" section of the college was busy circling around the newest college president.

If Sameer had regretted taking part in the election, or he had regretted his playboy past, it was nothing compared to the regret he was feeling now. The college population had somehow decided that he was their "savior", the one who is destined to free them of the evils of the college, or that's what Sameer thought, because the people literally got their minute and ant-like problems to him. But no, they weren't minute at all, but unchangeable? Yes definitely. No matter how much he thought about it, he had no clue as to how he could reduce the traffic in Ahemdabad or alter the unfairly high bus fare. The memory of having to explain that he couldn't change the principal of the college to a fellow classmate, could literally bring tears in someone's eyes. And yeah, no way he can leak the upcoming exam papers. Those students were sent back with a "Are yaar mil jaaye toh mujhe bhi de dena"

But in a terrible and pathetic situation like this, one might expect his friends to act like a active support system, it was the basic protocol of friendship after all. Any good friend will be more than willing to act as "savior" for the college population's "savior". However, his friends were busy in their own "life threatening" problems. Munna had already handed him a long list of chapters that he had to delete from the curriculum, while Pandit had started giving him emotional blackmail calls to make him his deputy (turns out his brand new crush has a thing for college presidents). But the list never ends. Preeti was hammering him to make a beauty parlour in college, Swati was asking him for a tiny free period, which by the way should be at least 2 hour long.

Sunaina had developed this uncontrollable habit of batting her eyelashes at him, while Mitali was over-interested in Rohan's history these days. Maybe he should arrange a psychologist for them first. But they weren't the only ones who needed a good psychological therapy. Arjun acted too distant and uninterested-in-cricket these days, which made Sameer even more worried for his mental health. Rohan was developing a habit to stare into the open spaces and listen to romantic songs, which was extremely unlike his usual time-table-mahoday-self. On the other hand, Naina had somehow contracted a weird speech impairment where she looks like she want to speak something, but stops when she looks into his eyes. As if his eyes were red traffic lights. So Sameer had no option but to prepare a long to-do list.
_________________________________________
Extremely Urgent Matters
1. Fix Munna's meeting with the principal
2. Get rid of all the phones in his house as soon as possible.
3. Ship off Swati and Preeti to a distant island which has beauty parlours and infinite free periods.
4. Murder Sunaina
5. Hand over Rohan's portfolio and his wig clad dadi's number to Mitali
6. Fix Arjun's meeting with a good psychologist or get him admitted in a mental hospital
7. Ask Rohan if any weird and unique Ahemdabadi insect had bitten him.
8. Stop staring at Naina's lips when she wishes to convey something important.
9. Ignore the entire college population in general

Immediate action- Leave this college. No. leave Ahemdabad.
_________________________________________

After successfully shortlisting the "Immediate action" in his mind, Sameer's life had become somewhat easier, or that's what he wanted to think. But leaving the city he lived in, definitely wasn't an easy task whatsoever.

However, fighting the elections and putting up with the non-sensical demands of the students wasn't that wasteful, because it truly made his Nanu very happy. It wasn't that his Nanu had immediately given away all his wealth to him, or he had written the Maheshwari Sadan in his name, or somehow he had decided to organise a feast for the poor.