Chapter Four

Gabrielle's POV

I stand in front of the two huge glass doors and read the writing printed on them.

Los Angeles Recording Studios

I groan to myself, my nerves getting the best of me.

I slowly make my way inside the gigantic building and take it in quickly.  The lobby is all white, very modern, and not a speck is on the floor.  It looks way to immaculate and fancy for my taste.

The lady at the front desk interrupts me by asking if I needed something.

I realize that I do look a bit crazy just looking around weirdly.

"I'm Gabrielle Williams. It's my first day on the job." I say as I walk over to her.

"Oh yes! We've been expecting you!" She states and tells me to follow her.

She walks me over to the elevator, huge, compared to the one in my apartment complex.

We ride up to the 9th floor, where she leads me to a studio at the end of the hallway.

"Here we are! Mr. Grand should be waiting inside to show you everything!" She quickly states before turning around to head back towards the lobby.

"Thank you." I call out to her.

I walk through the door to find the room that I would be working in.  A man is sitting in a chair in front of the equipment, and immediately stands up when he sees me.

"Miss. Williams! Welcome dear! It's so good to see you on your first day!" He puts his hand out to me and I shake it firmly.

"Mr. Grand, it's my pleasure! I'm so happy to be here!" I smile kindly to him.

"Wonderful! I thought that today I could show you everything before you got started!" He says as he pulls up another chair for me to sit on.

He's a tall man, maybe in his forties, and wears a button up shirt with black jeans.  He's slender and pretty fit. 

And really nice.
I wasn't expecting that.

He continues to show me every little thing in the small room, and then shows me the room behind the glass where the recording would actually be taking place.

It's cozy.  It almost looks bohemian.  There's a cute rug on the floor along with some pillows to sit on and the stuff on the walls has a seventies vibe.

Pretty much all day is spent like this. Him filling me in, and letting me know that he looked forward to working with me.

I only work from 7 in the morning to 2 in the afternoon so my hours aren't too bad.

The day seems like it speeds by and I feel confident that I know what I'm doing so far.

We take a few breaks, so I decide to go to the restroom during one of them.
Walking down the hallway, I take a few turns towards the restrooms, and I see a name on one of the studio doors that catches my eye.

Lana Del Rey

I look for a moment, wondering why it caught my eye, and I remember the dream.

Maybe I'm a psychic. I think to myself and then I laugh at the thought.

I get to the restroom and use it quickly.  Walking out to wash my hands, I begin to smell something strongly.

What is that?

Cinnamon and what? Vanilla?

My stomach drops, and I look around.
There's nobody in here with me.
I look back down at the sink and see a little air freshener sitting on the counter.