Chapter Nineteen

Gabrielle's POV

Sitting in front of the soundboard in the studio, I listen as a guy plays the piano for a song.  I believe it's for Luna, the artist Mr. Grand put me with, but I cannot recall. 

My mind is foggy, and it won't seem to clear up. 

I turn knobs and move slides, looking up to the computer and the guy behind the glass every now and then.

My mind drifts to my usual thoughts.

It's been a few days since we ate dinner, about a week.
It was a date, Gab.

Everything was normal. 
Well, it's far from normal, but it's been okay.

Always in each other's presence, kissing sometimes.  Of course, we make sure Chuck isn't around before doing so. 

Nothing has been said between us about what's really going on.  We're just really close, I guess? Really close.

Chuck is annoyed with it. Annoyed that we don't talk about it.  She'll say something to us about the topic and we just laugh it off. 

"We're just close friends."  We'll both say.

"Close friends who make out and want to fuck each other."  Chuck will say and Lana will tell her to shut up while I blush like crazy.

Deep down, we both know that she's right, but we don't admit it.  We do want each other, maybe sexually, but mostly just emotionally.  We both know good and well that we should label it, but we never say anything about it.

It's just all too fast right now.

Plus, we both are aware of what it would be like when Lana announces who she's in a relationship with or even just if we are seen together.  We haven't talked about that, but I know that it scares her. 

"Is that good?"  The man sitting at the piano interrupts my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah. That's good. Thank you."  I snap out of it. "I'll finish up, you can go." I smile sweetly to him and he gets up and walks out.

My phone buzzes beside me, and I quickly pick it up.

"Yes?"  I softly answer the phone.

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm heading out."  The familiar voice comes through my speaker.

"You don't have to tell me that." I say back into the phone.

"I know."  I hear her smiling. "Are you coming over? Say yes."

"Yes."  I smile to myself.

"Good. I'll see you soon?"  She asks me quietly.

"Yeah, I'm just finishing up."  I hold the phone to my ear with my shoulder and try to get down with what I was doing quickly. 

"Take your time."  She says in a soft, gentle voice.

I hang up the phone and try to wrap it up fast.  After a few settings are changed and the sound is adjusted, I decide that I can finish up some other time. 

I grab my phone, purse and keys before walking out the door and towards my car.

The drive to Lana's house feels like forever.  The sky is clear, and the sun beams down strongly.  Palm trees sway with the rhythm of the wind, and my music blares through my speakers. 

I'm itching to see her, even though I just saw her a few hours earlier.

I pull into her driveway, and step out quickly.  I run up to her front door, and stick the key she had given me a little while ago into the doorknob.  The door opens fast, and I see her in the kitchen.  A baseball game plays on her flatscreen while a record spins on the spin table.