Chapter Five

[ The song attached is so important, and you have no how it sounds to be able to understand the feeling of this chapter!! Please take a second listen to it! ]

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Gabrielle's POV

I wake up slowly on my side, facing the door of my bedroom.  My phone sits beside me, and I grab it to look at the time.

6:00

I have just enough time to get ready for work.
I roll over on my back and rub my sleepy eyes. I open them again, looking up at the ceiling, but something fills my peripheral vision.

I look over to find a body laying beside me. 
Lana.

We must have fallen asleep last night or something.

Her back faces me and her hair falls perfectly onto the pillow, like she didn't move at all. Her arm rests on her side, and I know she is still completely asleep.

I suddenly feel my stomach churn for the millionth time.  How do I wake her up?

I take my hand and lightly touch the bare part of her arm, hoping that just a little push of my finger would wake her.

But it doesn't.

I place my whole hand onto her arm and squeeze it gently.

Nothing.

I lean over and whisper in her ear. "Lana."

Silence.

"Lana." I sing her name with my hand still resting on her arm.

Still absolutely nothing.

I slowly get up off of the air mattress, trying careful not to move it too much.

I go over to my closet and grab some clothes, panties, and a bra before heading to the bathroom to take a shower.

I turn the water on as hot as it will go, and step in as soon as all of my clothes are off.

It wakes me up pretty well and soon I'm in my clothes. 

Awhite blouse covers my top half and it hangs loosely from my body. My blue jeans feel way to tight, but they will have to do because I'm too lazy to change. I brush my teeth quickly and put on just a little makeup.

I walk back to my bedroom, and look to see if Lana is awake yet. She's still asleep, but is facing towards the door now.  I stare at her for a moment, trying to decide how to wake her up.  She looks so peaceful in her sleep.

Her green t-shirt is twisted and rides up a lot, revealing her belly button.

I walk out of the bedroom and grab my phone out of the bathroom where I had left it, and head off to work. But not before leaving her a note for when she woke up.

_________________

Lana's POV

My shirt wakes me up because it was so uncomfortable.  It was twisted around me, so I sit up and fix it.

I feel the bed move a lot when I sit up and that's when I realize where I am.

This air mattress.  I think, as I roll my eyes. I laugh softly.

I look down to her pillow beside me, and a piece of paper is laid on top.

———————————————————————
Lana Del,

You were sleeping so well when I woke up.  I tried to wake you, but you didn't budge.
So, I let you sleep. I hope that's okay.

I left a key on the kitchen counter.  Would you mind locking the door when you leave, please?  You can give me the key back later.