Chapter Twelve

Lana's POV

I make Gabrielle's plate for her as she finishes up in the shower and I lay it on one side of the table.

We never talked about the first time I kissed her. I mean, she really believed that it was just for the reason I told her.
And I didn't lie, that was partly why.

But deep down, I just wanted to. And not for a reason really.

Maybe I'm drawn to her? She lures me in, but it's not anything she does. It's just her.

I try not to linger on it for too long though.
She's young and as far as I know, she just wants me to kiss her because it helps.

I've had sleep paralysis every single fucking night since she last stayed with me and it's worse. It's harder to come out of it now. I'm so tired of seeing him smirk down at me like he did all that time ago.

He almost beat me to death, and he just smirked. I had to fucking crawl to the phone to call for an ambulance for myself.

That's fucked up.

I push the thoughts of him and Gabrielle out of my head.

She walks in slowly with her pajamas that she had brought with her. A t-shirt and long pajama pants.

"That's sad." I joke at her quietly.

She smiles at me, and it's like nothing ever happened.

She sits down in front of me, grabbing her third glass of wine and taking a sip.

"Thank you." She says quietly, referring to the plate in front of her.

"Of course." I smile to her, searching for her eyes. When they finally look up to me, we just stare at each other.

But she breaks it as she picks up her fork.

She takes a noodle into her mouth and sucks it up. I stare at her lips, wanting her to have a panic attack, so I could kiss them again.

I push the thought away fast.

I begin to eat mine and it's too quiet again. I stand up and walk over to the record player and put on Sublime.

I walk back to the table as "Garden Grove" begins to play and when I sit down, Gabrielle starts to sing along.

"You know Sublime?!" I'm shocked, honestly.

"One of my favorites! My taste in music is all over the place." She laughs as she takes another bite.

I take a sip of wine. "Me too." I smile.

Sublime continues to play in the background as I continue to watch her take each bite.

"Do you want some more?" I say, pointing to her glass once we are done eating.

"I better not." She laughs. "I'm already a little buzzed."

I laugh as she stands up and picks up her plate.

"Same here." I grab the plate from her. "No, no. I have it. Go sit down." I laugh.

"I can help!" She says.

"Nope." I say as I put the dishes in the sink.

Gabrielle walks over to the couch and sits down cross-legged. I meet her over there, trying not to sit too close but close enough.

Sublime quietly continues to play.

Should I say something?

"Should we talk about it?" I ask her nervously.