Chapter Twenty-One

Gabrielle's POV

I wake up to the smell of pancakes and syrup.  The sweet scent fills my nose, and I smile slightly.  My arms stretch out as far as they can go and my arms rests on the pillow where Lana laid her head not too long ago.

The sun shines in through the many windows in her bedroom, and my eyes have trouble adjusting to the light.  The floor touches the soles of my feet, and I stand up from the bed slowly.  My shirt has shifted upwards, so I pull it back down.  My black shorts twists around my thighs and I straighten them out too.

I pad my feet across the room and down the hallway, running my fingers through my hair and walking into the kitchen.  The TV plays an old black and white movie, and the music in it is classical.

I finally see Lana at the stove, her back towards me.  I take in her image into my head.

Her tank top and black shorts she had on last night still cling to her body.  Her hair runs down her back in messy waves, looking like she definitely just rolled out of bed.

I contemplate walking up behind her, but wonder if that's too much.

It is.

I tell the voice inside my head to shut up, and begin to walk up behind her.  My hands make contact with her hips and I place my chin in the crease of her neck.

She goes stiff and I hear her breath hitch as I touch her.

"Oh, sorry."  I start to pull my body away from her but she quickly lays her cooking utensils down and puts my hands back on her hips.  After they stick back to her, she grabs my neck and puts my chin back onto her shoulder.

I turn my head down and kiss her shoulder lightly, and look back up to her face.  Her eyes are closed and I see her exhale hard.

I lean into her ear, suddenly feeling a different mood than usual. "Good morning." I say quietly.

Her breath hitches again. "Good morning."  She smiles to herself.

I've never had this affect on her, so I begin to wonder what has changed.

She turns her body in my hands and goes to kiss me but I lean my head back.
"I haven't brushed my teeth! Wait!"  I run to the bathroom and quickly do so.  Dropping the toothbrush back down where it goes, I jog back to the kitchen. 

She stands in the exact same position that I left her standing in. 

"Okay."  I take her hand and pull her to me fast.  She squeals with a smile on her face before our lips finally connect.

"Okay, okay."  She says quickly in between kisses. "I've got to make one more pancake." She says as she grabs my face and pulls me away. 

I groan and walk over to the fridge, opening it and grabbing one of the chocolate milks she had for me. 
"What do you want?"  I ask her and she tells me that the same thing would be fine.

We eat our breakfast quietly, the only sound coming from the television. 

"Chuck is going to flip her shit."  I say softly, wanting somehow to bring this up.

"Why?" She plays dumb, but no expression covers her face.

"Because- you know."  I smile at her.

You're my girlfriend.

I continue to smile, maybe even smirk a little, but she seems genuinely confused.

Oh

She doesn't- remember.

"Nevermind." My smile falls and I take my last bite.