Chapter 4

The school day was finally over. Idle teenagers loitered the hallways and the 'sick and tired of being here' ones scurried to get to the door.

Chelsea and Shontae were at my side trying to maneuver their way through the cluster of children in order to get out of this hell hole.

"These damn hormonal teenagers. Damn. I can't even get out of hell in peace."Shontae was quick to mutter which resulted in a chuckle from me.

"Like honestly! If they insist on hogging the hallways after school the least they could do is not give us a live sex show! So inconsiderate!"Chelsea's outburst managed to turn alot of heads so we hurriedly held ours down and scurried outside.

Once we finally made it out there with maximum effort, we took a deep breath to relieve ourselves of the hard work of pushing ourselves through the cluster of hormonal teenagers.

Chelsea and Shontae were both part of the drama club so they immediately had to leave or else they would be late for their practice, but not before taking my number, telling me they'll text or call me.

After storing both their numbers in my phone, I walked in the direction of my car. The closer I got the more I could make out two male figures leaning on it.

"Can I help you two with something?"I stopped infront of both Elijah and Cleo and crossed my hands over my chest.

Elijah just stared at me blankly while Cleo was the one who did the polite thing and answered me.

"Tori. Hey. I know we just met and all but we wanted to ask you for a favour."

"You. You wanted to ask her for a favour."Elijah was quick to interject as if the very thought of him asking a girl he met a few hours ago for a favour was no where in his capabilities.

"Yeah. wanted to ask you for a favour, even though it involves the two of us."

"What is it?"I asked, truly curious.

"Could you possibly give us a ride?"

"Where to?"

"The boxing arena across town."

"What?! You want me to drive you two all the way across town?"I could of sworn my heartbeat increased. Why? I'm really not sure.

"Please Tori. We would ask someone else but everyone is busy doing something."

"And you don't think I have something to do?"I was trying to find the most logical way to get out of this.

"Do you?"

Shit.

"No but-"

"I told you she wouldn't do it."Elijah's statement just riled me up. I had to dig my nails into my palm so that I wouldn't punch him. But I managed to calm down and tried my best to talk myself out of this favour

"I don't think I can. I have a curfew and a very strict parent. I'm so sorry."this was my last attempt.

"Oh. Okay then. I guess we're just going to have to take the bus."the disappointment that flickered in Cleo's eyes before they walked away was enough to make me crumble.

"Wait!"

I took out my phone and looked at the time. 3:15. I have exactly 45 minutes before I have to get home.

Can I make it across town and back in 45 minutes? Well we will see.

"I'll take you guys there."

"Yes! Thank you so much Tori. You're a life saver."

Cleo ran up to me and pulled me into a bone crushing hug to show his gratitude whilst Elijah just shrugged and went over to the passenger side of the car.