Chapter 24

Elijah's POV

"Okay. This is the plan. We take the elevator to wherever it leads us, and then take our different positions. Micheal, Damian, since two you have the Beretta 93R, you'll be guarding us from infront. Vaughan, DJ, you guys got the Browning Hi-Power, you'll be guarding us from the sides. I don't have any bullet proof vests so please don't get shot on my watch. Keep your guns raised at all times and always be on the look out for a threat at every corner. Also, please be reminded that this is a life threatening situation, and we have one goal. Get in there and come back out alive, with three additional members to our six. Any questions? No. Okay then. Let's move."Simone was already up and stuffing her boots with different knives and weapons of all sort. We just sat there and stared at her.
"Didn't I make myself clear before? Let's go!"
At that, we were up and running, scrambling about to prepare ourselves.
"Wait! Don't you think six is a small number to go to war with? Don't you think we need more people?"DJ's question lingered in the air, all of us thinking about it.
"Have you tried calling Cleo again?" Vaughan suggested as we turned to look at him. I took out my phone and scrolled through my contacts, halting when my finger hovered over the contact 'bro'.

Hey. This is Cleo. You obviously can't reach me because of two possible reasons. One, I'm mindly ignoring your call. Or two, I'm not near the phone. If it's important, leave a message, and if it's not, then don't. I'll try to get back to you. If, I feel like it.

Beeeep.

Voicemail.

"He's not answering my calls."I tell them as I put my phone away.
"Well then screw whoever this Cleo kid is. We don't need him. As long as you guys follow my instructions, you'll be fine."Simone told us as she loaded a glock and shoved it into her waistband.
"Are you sure we'll be fine?"Vaughan asked as he examined the weapon in his hand.
"Do you know how to fire that thing?"she asked, raising an eyebrow.
"No."
"Well then I can't promise you anything."Simone shrugged and went on to doing what she was before.
In the midst of all the confusion, with everyone scurrying about, I saw my mom in the corner of the room with a worried expression on her face. I started to make my way over to her. When she saw me approaching, she tried to mask her worry. Only thing is, it wasn't working.
"Hey mom. Are you okay?"
She sniffled a bit before she answered me.
"Hey sweetheart. What are you doing over here? Shouldn't you be preparing like everyone else?"
I glanced back at everyone then to my mom.
"I should. But I'm reconsidering. I don't want to leave you here alone."
Pain could clearly be heard in my voice. She then went on her tip toes and planted a soft kiss on my cheek.
"It's okay Elijah. I'll be fine. Plus, I have Leo to keep my company. I won't be alone."she reassured.
I took her hands in mine and held on to them tightly.
"I promise you, I will come back. I'll try not to get hurt."
I saw her smile and then she repeated her actions, tipping on her toes, but instead, she whispered in my ear.
"You better come back."the way she said it made me smile, just knowing how much she loves me.
"Mom! Stop scaring me!"
"Then stop making unnecessary promises. You will come back."
"Okay mom."
"Good. Now go. Go and save your girl."she gave me a slight nudge in the direction of where everyone was now entering the elevator.
I stepped in and stared at my mom as the elevator door slowly started to close. I gave a small wave to her and Leo before it closed completely.

Going down.

A computerized voice said aloud before we felt the elevator slowly started to descend.
"Are you nervous?"I looked to my left to stare at Simone as she forced a smile.
"Yeah. Kinda."
"Well don't be. We're all in this together."
She gripped my hand and squeezed it reassuringly before patting me on the back, then turning to face the others.
"Okay now listen up. We have one goal. And that is to get the girls out of there. Alive. I honestly don't know what we're going up against, but I suggest that you prepare for the worst."
I saw all the guys gulp, probably reconsidering this whole ordeal, or thinking  if they'll make it out alive.