Chapter 18

Unknown's POV

"Look at them. All pathetic. Elijah's upset because Tori stormed out. Everyone's trying to console him. Jodie being the bitch as always and Dylan just sitting there like a dummy."

Why did I agree to him joining my team in the first place?!

Because you were desperate, that's why.

I sighed and got up, at the same time the bell rang. Everyone rushed to get to their various classes on time. I didn't bother to hide my face, because as far as everyone knows, I'm just a regular student. I'm just their friend.
I walked through the hallways that were almost now deserted, running my hand along the smooth metal of the lockers, humming my favorite tune.

'Welcome to the panic room, where all your darkest fears are gonna come for you.'

I'm not in the mood to go to anymore classes. I'm feeling very........motivated today.

Time to stir up some trouble.

Chelsea's POV

"Excuse me Ms. Hunter. Can I use the bathroom please?"I raised my hand, asking for permission. I really had to go.
"Really Ms. Luciano, to disrupt my Biology class? Why didn't you go during your lunch period?"she stared at me blankly.
"Because I didn't need to go then."
"Just hurry up Ms. Luciano."when she realized I wasn't going to give up so easily, she just sighed and gave in. I didn't need to be told twice, I quickly got up and left the classroom.
I walked the empty halls, making my way to the bathroom. I was about to turn the corridor when I heard something behind me. I snapped my head to the noise and saw nothing.

Huh, I swore thought I heard.....footsteps?

I entered the bathroom and quickly did my business, washing my hands after. When I exited, I decided to take the long way to class, trying to lessen the time I had with Ms. Hunter.

She can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.

Heading in the direction of the stairs I took out my phone and started to text DJ.

-Hey.

-Hey you. :)

-Wow, you actually answered. What's the story behind it? Free period?=/

-Yeah. Mr. Cameron had an emergency and left. He supposedly left Tony in charge but no one's listening to him so......how about you?

-Im mindly trying to avoid going back to class.

-Aww. Why didn't you text me earlier? We could have wasted time together.

I smiled. He was the only one who could make me act this way.

Stomp. Stomp.

My smile faltered when I heard the same noise again. Looking back, it was the same as last time. Empty. I walked faster this time. The sound only got louder and closer, but each time I looked back the results were the same. I broke out into a sprint, dialing DJ's number in the meantime.
"Hey baby. Why didn't you just continue texting me?"
"DJ! Help me!"
"Chelsea? What's wrong? What's going on?"
DJ sounded worried. I could already hear him packing his things and leaving the classroom.
"I think I'm being followed. Please, just come help me."
"Ok. I'm coming. Just tell me where you are."
By this time I was already at the top of the stairs, getting ready to descend.
"Ok. I'm at-"
My sentence got cut off when I felt a pair of hands on my back, pushing me, causing me to tumble down the stairs. I felt the impact each stair made, the pain it caused everytime I came in contact with one after the other, the bruises it started to form until I finally reached the bottom, landing face down.
"Chelsea! Where are you!?"I heard DJ shout through the phone that landed right beside my head.
"DJ, please, help me."I managed to whisper.
I heard the same noise I heard before, the footsteps. It came closer and closer until it stopped right in front of my face. I didn't have the strength to lift my head so I just started at the dirty converses that laid infront of me.
I could feel the person staring down at me.