Chapter 10

Elijah's POV

"Jodie! What are you doing?"I shouted as I pushed Jodie away from me.

"Come on Eli, it can be just like old times."she tried to seduce me, going for another kiss.

"No! You can't just come walking back into my life after you left me. It doesn't work that way. Plus, I already told you, I have my eyes on someone else."

"Are you talking about Tori?"

"Who else would I be talking about Jodie?"

"Anyone other than her."Jodie rolled her eyes.

"I really can't deal with this right now Jodie. I'm going to bed." I started to walk away, thinking that was the last of the argument.

"I think it's time you move on from Tori now Eli. I don't think she feels the same way anymore, atleast not after what she just saw!" I froze.

What did she just say?

I turned to face her.

"What are you talking about?"I gritted out.

"Tori. I saw her eavesdropping on our conversation, so I did what I had to do."

"That's why you kissed me?!"I was mad. No, I was furious.

"That, and I was trying to remind you of what we had."

"What we had is gone Jodie! Can't you get that past your thick skull!"she looked taken a back but quickly masked it, she was going to say something but I didn't give her the chance.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have someone I have to find."that was the last thing I said before I sprinted out the door and into the night, starting my search for the girl I want to be with.

Tori's POV

I sat in the clearing of the woods, doing nothing but staring into the darkness of the night. I didn't even realize someone had come up behind me and draped an arm over my shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?"

I didn't need to look to know that it was Cleo. He ran his hands up and down my arms in a soothing way.

"Did you see what I saw?" I asked as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, unfortunately I did."

I started crying again, "I can't believe him. First he acts like he cares but then another time he goes and does things like this."

"Hey, look at me," he put his two fingers under my chin and tilted my head up to look him in the eyes, "you shouldn't let what people do affect you, nor should you care. There are people out there who would never do anything to make you cry. You're beautiful Tori, and you deserve to be happy."he ended, looking deep into my eyes. I could see the sincerity in them. For a moment my heart skipped a beat.

Was his eyes always this green?

When he says things like that it's hard to resist him. I don't know why but I leaned in and placed my lips on his. I felt him stiffen so I pulled away immediately.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know why I did that. I was stupid, I'm so-"

"Stop talking."he demanded before he placed his lips back on mine. I smiled into it before I responded. Our lips moved together in sync. He pushed his tongue between my lips, asking for entrance, in which I happily granted. We only pulled away when we ran out of air.

"I've honestly wanted to do that since Vaughan's party."Cleo smiled and rested his forehead on mine.

"I'm glad you finally did."I responded with an equal smile.