Chapter 8

The weekend flew by fast. Saturday and Sunday were uneventful. Elijah and I talked everyday over the phone since the party. We've somewhat gotten closer since I told him my story.

We were currently sitting in Mr. Taylor's woodwork class discussing the assignment that was due next month.

"I can't believe he said we are to make a model of one of our houses. I think that's really unfair due to the fact that he has barely taught us how to use the machines." Elijah was beside me ranting as he skipped through a textbook. I only chuckled.

"Stop your whining and let's decide on whose house we're going to make a model of."I jokingly scolded.

"Fine. But you can pick. I really don't care what we do. As long as we get a decent grade I'm fine."he stated and I rolled my eyes.

"I think we should make yours. Its smaller and is more of a one than mine that's just big and depressing."I answered him before drawing up the design in my sketch pad.  Elijah agreed and just watched me do everything while commenting on my drawing skills once in a while.

"You do know this is a group project and not a solo one, right?"I stopped and asked Elijah.

"Yeah I know. But we gotta save our energy for later. Me mostly."he yawned and said.

"What are we doing later?" I raised my eyebrows and asked.

"Remember the day when you carried me and Cleo to the boxing arena across town?"

"Yeah."

"We're going back. As in me and you. Not Cleo."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want Cleo there."

"Not that. I mean why are we going to the boxing arena?"

"Oh. Because I'm going to teach you some self defense skills so you can protect yourself from your stepfather. And I have a boxing match after so."

"What? Why didn't you ask me first? What if I had plans?"

"Do you?"

"No, but-"

"Then it shouldn't be a problem."

I groaned. "Fine. I'll come."

"Good girl."he said while patting my head. I simply swatted away his hand and rolled my eyes.

Bbrrrrrrrrriiiiiinnnggg!

The bell rang signalling the end of class and the start of lunch time. Everyone started to pack up and leave but not before Mr. Taylor stopped us.

"Remember to start building as soon as possible and also remember the essay that is to be presented with it, on why you chose what you did and the experience you had working with your partner." That was the last thing he said before dismissing us.

Elijah and I packed our things and left, walking to the cafeteria together. When we opened the double doors to the cafeteria and looked to our regular table we saw Chelsea, DJ, Micheal and Shontae already seated, talking among themselves.

"Hey guys." I greeted as I took a seat with Micheal on my right and a vacant seat on my left. Elijah sat in front of me.

"Hey." They all greeted.

"Where's everybody else?"Elijah questioned.

"They're in science cl-"

BOOM!

"What the hell was that?"Chelsea was the first to ask. Smoke could be seen coming from the gaps of the cafeteria doors. They suddenly busted open and in came a frantic looking Damian, Vaughan and Cleo.