Chapter 12

How can Malcolm be back?

That can't be right.

It must be a mistake.

Yeah. Definitely a mistake.

Me, Leo and Elijah were currently seated in my car, speeding down the highway, trying to lessen the 8 hour drive. We were 7 and a half hours in. Because no one else knew about Malcolm, I had asked Elijah to accompany me. Cleo asked alot of questions, but I either ignored them or answered vaugely.
"Leo, are you sure that he's back?"I directed the question to my brother who was panicking in the back seat.
"I'm positive. I got a call from one of the maids, you know, the one that he's not screwing, that we have to come home, because Malcolm just pulled up in the drive way."
"We're so screwed. How could I let this happen! Ahh!"
I placed my head in my hands and screamed. My hands muffled my screams.
"Hey, Tori, it's gonna be OK. I won't let him hurt you." My hands were pried away from my face and hands interlocked with mine. I looked into Elijah's blue eyes with my dark brown ones that were now filled with tears. I then realized that he had stopped the car at the side of the road.
"Tori, I know we didn't see eye to eye the other day, and I always seem to hurt you in some way, but no matter what, I'll always care for you. I'll always be here."

Where was this Eli two days ago?

"Elijah,"I sighed. I didn't want to say this, but I have to. I can't keeping going back and forth between the considerate Eli and the 'I don't give a damn' Eli.
"I'm with Cleo."
"Trust me, I remember. I hate the decision, but I'll accept it."
"Elijah, it's not that, it's just-"
"I get it. You don't have to explain yourself to me. I'm sorry for everything I've done to hurt you, whether intentional or unintentional. I'll try my best, for as long as we're friends, I'm going to make it up to you."

Awww.

Maybe I could give him a chance.

Snap out of it Tori. You're with Cleo. Remember.

But he changed.

Ahh! Damn you indecisive feelings.

"Don't over think it. Just know that I'm here for you."a little bit of sadness could be seen when he smiled.
"Could you two stop with the lovey-dovey crap so we can continue our journey. It's already 1:30am. We still have one block left to go you know."Leo gagged.

What?! It's 1:30!? I'm so dead.

"Leo, do you think he's asleep?"I voiced my thoughts.
"I doubt it."
"Oh shit shit shit shit shit shit shit!"
"Hey, calm down. He won't hurt you. I won't let him, I'm coming with you."Elijah reassured.
"That's just it Elijah. You can't come with me. I can't risk you getting hurt. If he sees you, he's going to get even more mad. We have to go alone."
"I don't care. It would be three against one Tori. Don't you think we could overcome him?"
"I know Elijah. I just can't chance it. I already lost my mom and dad, I can't loose you too."
His eyes softened a little.
"Are you sure?"
"I'm positive. I can take care of myself, and even if he's going to hit me, I'll just take it like the big girl I am."I tried to joke.
"Don't joke about those things Tori. It's not funny."anger could be heard in his voice. He continued,
"If you really want to go alone, you can. Because we're here." I looked away from him and saw the familiar looking mansion with the wooden double doors opened slightly.

Oh shit.

When I finally looked away and looked towards Elijah, I saw him staring at the house. It was then that I realized he's never been here before.
"Don't let the outside fool you. The house keeps secrets."I nudged his shoulder, breaking him away from his thoughts. When he finally looked at me, I could see the fear in his eyes.

Why is he scared. I'm the one in deep shit.

"Be careful."he whispered.
"I make no promises."I smiled, already unlocking my door.
"Tori.."he hissed. "I thought I told you not to joke about those things."
"And I thought I told you I'm a big girl that can handle her own problems."
He only sighed. I got out of the car and shut the door behind me. Leo did the same but his slammed a little louder than mine causing it to echo throughout the night. The foyer lights flickered on shortly after.

Well shit.

"Damn it Leo! Could you be any louder?"I whisper yelled to him.
"I'm sorry."he shyly responded.
Ascending the stairs that led to the front door, my heart took a flip with each step I took. When I finally reached the door I stopped and just stared at it.

Prepare for your ass whooping.

Deep breaths.

1...2...3

I pushed the door open and it creaked loudly.

You betrayer. You have never creaked before!  

"Leo, go to your room and stay there. No matter what you hear, do not come out."
"But Tori-"
"Just do as I say!"
"Ok."Leo put his hands up in surrender and walked away, leaving me alone.
I stood there in the foyer for awhile, awaiting his arrival.
5 minutes passed and he still hasn't made an appearance. Maybe, just maybe he's asleep. I started to walk away but stopped when he spoke.
"Well well well. If it isn't Ms. I don't follow rules."

I really need to learn how to keep my mouth shut.

I slowly turned in his direction and saw him swaying closer to where I was with a vodka bottle in his hands.

Is he drunk?

"Where in God's name have you been?"I didn't know how to respond to that.

What?
I disobeyed you and went on a vacation with my friends.
I should just come out and say that?
Yeah. I don't think so.

I stayed quiet.
"So you've decided to play dumb."he started to walk towards me. Or should I say try.

Uh oh. This never ends well for me.

"I have ways to make you talk Tori Valentine. So I suggest you do that without any persuasion."
I just stood there. Frozen. Staring into his cold, deadly eyes.
"Cat got your tongue? I'm sick and tired of this. I don't know why I kept you when your mother got killed."
"Don't talk about my mother!"I shut my mouth as soon as I said those words.

What. Have. I. Done?!

"Wow. Your even stupider than I thought. When you finally decided to open your mouth, you chose to use that tone on me."
"I'm so sorry sir."
"No no. No need to apologize. It just seems as if I'm gonna have to put you in your place."he smirked at me. I visibly gulped.
"What are you going to do?"my anxiety was catching up to me. He didn't answer though. He just down the rest of the alcohol that was left in the bottle. When he was done, he examined the bottle, looking at every inch of it.

What is he doing?

"Turn around."Malcolm commanded.

What? Why?

I didn't have the courage to ask that question so I just did as I was told. My back was to him and that made me even more scared. Before I could process what was happening, Malcolm swung the bottle and smashed it on the side of my head. I fell to the ground. I could feel pieces of glass lodged in my head. Consciousness was slowly escaping me. I couldn't hold on to it much longer. My eyes were slowly closing and my vision was evaded with dark spots.

"I hope I never see you again."Malcolm spat on me then walked away.

I didn't even try anymore. I just let the darkness overcome me shortly after.

AN: Chapter 12! What do you think? Do you think I was too hard on Tori? What are your thoughts on Malcolm? Did Tori make it or did the hit had too much of an impact.
Remember to vote and comment.
Yours truly,
Gea.