track 01

CHOSEN: 나 재민 - na jaemin
SONG: "don't leave me" - 방탄소년단 (BTS)

PLAY | PAUSE

— how to leave questions unanswered —

"lets break up."

jaemin stood in silence at minseo's words. they stood outside their favorite ice cream place, under jaemin's umbrella in the pouring rain. he waited to see if she had anything more to say, but watched as she silently hung her head and stepped out from the protection of the umbrella and into the rain. his vision tunneled as he watched her walk away, hoodie and jeans soaking wet. just as she was out of sight, he found himself running after her, but the farther she appeared the faster his pace was. he opened his mouth to scream after her as she looked back.

"YAH LEE DONGHYUCK DO YOU WANT TO DIE!?" renjun shouted from his desk as haechan bolted from the room. jaemin jerked awake. the two girls sitting at the desks in the row next to him, minseo and jiwoo, looked at him.

"you good?" jiwoo asked.

jaemin nodded and let his eyes linger on minseo, who had already looked away. dropping his gaze, he remember how that day in the rain had actually went. he hadn't ran after her, and she had never looked back. instead, he'd gone home with the ice cream meant for two and sat in his living room in a daze. he couldn't be mad, minseo was a rational person, she probably had her reasons, but he still felt like his heart had dropped to his stomach.

months later and he never got a reason. months later and he was still waiting for one.