track 03

CHOSEN: 윤 민서 - yoon minseo
SONG: "bad" - 인피니트 (Infinite)

PLAY | PAUSE

— how to defend yourself with a 1.5" binder —

minseo sighed into her locker, rethinking the conversation she'd had with jiwoo earlier.

"how could she genuinely think that you would do that to her AND jaemin?? the ner-" haechan muttered across the lab table to minseo.

"hyuck, leave it. it's might just be a misunderstanding." she waved him off, hoping it was nothing to care about. jiwoo slid into the seat next to haechan and greeted them normally, along with jeno who smiled at minseo as he sat. haechan and minseo exchanged a look.

"yah jiwoo-"

"donghyuck not in class."

"-that roha girl showed us your texts. don't you think that was a bit harsh?" he continued as if he hadn't heard her. minseo held her breath and clenched her jaw, letting jiwoo stare at her across the table.

"i meant what i said." jiwoo suddenly said, not wavering. minseo's chest tightened, but she didn't break eye contact.

"wow, you actually thought i'd actually care enough about you to do something like that."

"no, you never cared. you don't care about anyone outside of yourself."

"woah, whatever is happening, can it tone down a little?" jeno tried to interject, putting an hand on minseo's shoulder. she brushed it off but read his expression, and relaxed in her chair, ignoring jiwoo's cold presence at their table for the rest of the period.

"yoon minseo." minseo turned around to the sound of her name. "you think i was kidding in there?"

"no, you seemed pretty serious." minseo raised an eyebrow. jiwoo scoffed at her response.

"this is why. you're not selfish, no, you're just a fucking sociopath. nothing ever affects you. you can do whatever you want and hurt whoever you want without feeling anything for others can't you?" minseo caught the image of jaemin in the corner of her vision. she groaned internally, did this fight seriously have to be over a boy of all things?

"i guess i can." minseo responded. she turned away from jiwoo hoping the other girl would just go away, but the opposite occurred. minseo felt a sharp pain as jiwoo pulled her hair back, before her face came in contact with the cold lockers. almost immediately she could taste blood on her lip. jiwoo was yelling other things, but minseo ignored it, still disgruntled. she reached out for anything, and grabbed ahold of her english binder which she swung at full force at the other girl as she turned around. jiwoo stumbled to the ground. minseo dropped the binder and stepped forward to continue, but someone reached her before she could get closer to jiwoo. jaemin put a hand on her shoulder.

"minseo, stop it, there's people around."

"i don't care." she pushed him aside. she looked down at the girl on the floor. "this is want you want yeah? you want people to know that you lie and spread rumors, that you lose your shit when things don't go your way? maybe i don't show emotions but at least i'm not a psycho-"

"minseo, leave her." this time jeno has stepped out from the crowd formed around the two girls. she looked around at her classmates, half who stared in shock and half who were recording with their phones. she let out a deep breath, before picking up her backpack, slamming her locker close, and walking away with jeno, haechan, and jaemin all trying to keep up with her pace.