track 07

CHOSEN: 이 제노 - lee jeno
SONG: "feeling" - 정 세운 (Jeong Sewoon)

PLAY | PAUSE

— how to make a new friend —

"every damn day." jeno grumbled, kicking the vending machine that had swallowed his money. a few seconds after he repeatedly kicked it, the machine finally spit out his drink. grabbing it, he mumbled to himself as he walked back to their lunch table.

"yo, you want this?" renjun held up a box of strawberry pocky as jeno sat down.

"sure." he shrugged and the other boy tossed it to him. "you don't like these?"

"nah, i've just eaten too many this week." jeno nodded in response, putting his elbows on the table. opening his drink, he absentmindedly listened to jisung who very passionately described a pear he'd eaten earlier that day. in the corner of his eye, he saw a girl walk out of the cafeteria swinging a sunflower keychain on her finger. he stood up suddenly, cutting the younger boy off. he turned to his friends.

"i have to get something out of my locker, see you guys." he said, before bolting off after the girl. he heard jisung complain about his pear story as he slipped out of the room. he looked around for the girl, but she was gone, so jeno followed the general hall he guessed she had gone through. after a few minutes of walking through the halls of lockers and high schoolers, he finally caught sight of her again.

"hey! sunflower!" he called. she turned around, the same short brown hair and light freckles from that morning.

"oh you." she replied, stopping in her tracks. "why sunflower?"

"your keychain." jeno answered, catching up to her. she looked at it and then back at him. "and i don't know your name."

"oh. kim yerin. i guessed you're lee jeno?" he frowned, not knowing how she knew. "a bunch of girls approached me after i talked to you to inform me you're a bad boy and not my type." she chuckled, now walking beside him down the hall

"hm. were they right?" she looked up at him and raise an eyebrow.

"i don't think so." yerin told jeno about how she was new and hadn't known she wasn't supposed to talk to him. he furiously denied any rumors that she brought up about him being popular or cold. she laughed, pointing out that he was dressed exactly like that. they kept sauntering the halls and talking until the bell rang, pulling them out of each other's words and laughter.

"looks like we gotta go." she said.

"well we don't have to." he shrugged.

"go to class lee jeno" she said in a jokingly stern voice.

"yes ma'am." he bowed, before both of them giggled, heading towards their class. once they got to the doorways of their rooms, yerin ran back to jeno and handed him a post-it with a number written on it.

"well, nice talking to you lee jeno."

"see you around, sunflower." he smiled to himself as he entered the classroom.