Hidden Concern ⟴ 5

*Me and my little brother looking at pictures of Keef Kogayne*

My brother, joking: he looks like a potato

Me, drooling over my phone screen: he's the hottest potato I've ever laid my eyes on

That's legit what we said today.

⟴ ⛢ ⟴

He woke up tangled in a blanket.

Which was weird, obviously, since he was fully aware that he had fallen asleep in the training deck, his plan being to only take a little nap before returning to his room before the other's could wake up and notice him. But that plan didn't work out, it seems, since someone must have clearly walked in here, and had even bothered to give him a blanket. Which smelled strongly of something like sweet sourness. He hated that he knew exactly who smelled like that, but it's not like you could miss a scent like that when that guy was practically reeking of it. Keith could tell whenever he showered, because that's when the smell would intensify.

Why would Lance give him a blanket? The only logical reason Keith had was that he wanted to suffocate him with the stench of his beauty products and shampoos, and decided that it was a perfect time to silently kill him in his sleep. Too bad it didn't really kill him, and he had to endure the horrible smell by waking up.

Or, the smell itself wasn't horrible, it was just the amount of it that ruined the chance of it being tolerable. Keith knew he would have liked it if he got to smell just a little bit of it. But now it was almost making his eyes water, and he quickly threw the quilt off of him, immediately shuddering once his skin came in contact with the chilly air around him. His disactivated bayard laid beside him, and with numb, cold fingers, he picket it up, letting it dangle from his belt. He flung the blanket over his arm, starting to march out of the training deck. His skin felt fissured from dryness, and it tasted gross in his mouth, which surprised him. That could only mean that he had gotten slightly more sleep this night. Maybe his hard training and very exhaustive thinking had eventually languished him enough to make him fall into a somewhat deep slumber. 

How much had he slept? Why wasn't anyone waking him up yet? Was everyone even awake, or was Lance just awake earlier than everyone, and happened to stumble up on Keith's sleeping body on his way to somewhere?

He got one of his questions answered when he walked into the dining room, immediately getting six pair of eyes on him, but one of those pair of eyes hastily looked away, staring down at the table. Those eyes belonging to Lance himself. 

"Good morning, Keith", Shiro greeted, the only one not diverting his eyes between him and Lance, and seemed to be the only one planning on speaking out of everyone. "I hope it's okay we began breakfast without you. Just grab a portion and sit down."

The red paladin couldn't help but to look over at the quiet boy at the table, waiting for him to look up, or say any snide remark in particular, but he kept stirring his spoon in his green mush, not planning on lifting his gaze. Everyone else kept looking from him, to Keith, and back again. Suddenly Keith wasn't so sure in his theory he had made up in the training deck; seeing Lance in person made his thought shift a little, and he didn't know what to think anymore.

Instead he took a step forward, walking up to him, situating himself beside his chair, waiting a few more seconds for any other reaction over his presence than the one he was receiving now.

When he didn't get any, he extended his arm holding the blanket and let it brush over Lance's shoulder, which finally made him look up, eyebrows raised.

"This is yours, right?" Keith prodded, extending his arm further, signalizing that the other should take it, but Lance remained still, and slightly gaping.