Jealousy thy name is Lance ⟴ 6

Shit is about to go down, guys🙊

⟴ ⛢ ⟴

Today was the day where Keith would officially throw away his chance of having an actual life.

And oh, going to team Voltron's first banquet, that too.

He still had time to stop whatever he was about to do, and take a moment to reflect thoroughly about his dumb little observation, but a bolt must have gone loose in his head because his thoughts was certainly not stable.

And then there was Lance, behind the reason behind it all.

It wasn't something he did in particular, like, all the time. It was more like small bits building up to something bigger, and Keith hated that he had to be affected by it. He was starting to think that he let himself be affected by it, ever since their bonding moment, he guessed. It was confusing to him, since he normally didn't give a shit about anyone. But Lance wasn't just anyone. He was a jackass who he needed to observed.

Their fourth round of Query Quest yesterday had gone uneventful after the whole Spanish thing, and it had just been useless questions thrown back and forth, from there, until the only thing they found out about each other were thing anyone could guess. But Allura didn't seem to mind when it was time to report to her; it seemed like the only thing she cared about was that they weren't brawling like before, and what kind of things they found out about each other didn't really matter. Maybe they didn't even have to put up with this activity. Maybe they could just stop fighting. That was what everyone wanted from the start, after all.

They were currently returning from a very intensive trip to the space mall, and it was now time to change for their first banquet. They would be going to those for several days, and it had been something they'd been planning for quite some time now. When they weren't training for the last drop of sweat, they often gathered up in the control room to structure a schedule and make calls to a variety of planets to arrange a day they could visit them. The whole point with this was to spread the word that Voltron had returned, with new paladins and new security, and tu ensure every species safety as best as they could.

Keith couldn't understand why they had to dress up so fancy for that. Why couldn't they just call everyone and tell them? It was so much more faster and convenient.

"This will be awesome!" Lance said merrily as he entered the control room, followed by Hunk smiling broadly behind him. They were both dressed up fancy; Lance has managed to find an attire that resembled something like a blue shirt and pants, only that this shirt had neon pattern and open shoulders, which immediately led Keith's thoughts to that it was probably customized to an alien specie that had something sticking out of their shoulders, which made him shudder. Or the design was just that crazy.
Hunk was wearing almost the same clothes, only that his was yellow, and far more colorful. But they both wore their regular shoes, and Keith guessed it was because they hadn't find any alien shoes that fit their feet.

Keith, on the other hand, found just the right thing: a plain black button up shirt he found in the Earth store, going with his daily pants and shoes. And to spice things up a little, he decided to pull his hair back into a loose ponytail with a bandaid he found in the infarmary since he didn't have an hair tie or anything better than that. He felt ridiculous, but looking at Lance and Hunk made him feel slightly better.

The duo both fixed each other's hair a little bit more by running their hand over it to put it in place, before both looking at everyone else in the room. They were the last one to arrive.

"Finally", Keith muttered, pushing himself away from the wall he had been leaning against for the past twenty minutes. He looked at Shiro in front of him, dressed in something similar to the two fools that had just arrived, only that his clothes were a little bit more unobtrusive, but it had the same kind of structure. Had they all been shopping at the same store, or something? "Can we go now?"