Joel.

When we arrived we back in Toronto, chloe and I had invited the girls to have some dinner but little did we know when we walked into my apartment mom was already cooking. I kiss mom's cheek as I enter the kitchen, everyone else trailing into the kitchen.

"You really didn't have to make us dinner ma, we would've been fine with take out"I chuckle as I step back and everyone hugs her, even Lucie.

"Oh hush, it's nothing special"she waves her hand at me.

"Nothing special mom?" Cassidy laughs "your making salmon, baked potatoes, asparagus and shrimp" we all chuckle and chloe walks over to me, I wrap my arms around her.

"I just thought you guys would like a home cooked meal rather than take out"She shrugs innocently and I smile.

"Now, go along dinner is almost ready" The teens walk over to the living room and Sam excuses herself to go to the bathrooms

"How was it?" Mom asks.

"Good, despite losing in California"

"Oh hush you guys will be fine tomorrow" I glance at the clock on the microwave and realize it's almost nearing five thirty "and don't worry we'll be out of her at a reasonable time, Lucie will be staying with us and we'll drive her back Sunday morning"She tells chloe.

"Okay" she smiles as she looks up from her phone, she was texting Alex. "Thank you"

"Of course dear, Lucie! Cassidy! Have you finished your homework?"

"On the plane ma!" Cassidy answers as I hear laughter flowing into the kitchen. Mom looks at chloe and she nods, Sam comes walking back into the kitchen.

"I'll help set the table"She announces, chloe agrees as well. I unwrap my arms from chloe as she follows Sam into our somewhat dinning room across from me. I catch mom looking at me.

"What?" I ask, taking one asparagus. Mom shrugs with a smirk.

"Nothing"

"Mom?"

"You wouldn't understand"I lean on the table and cross my arms.

"I wouldn't understand what?" Mom laughs.

"I'll tell you when your older"I roll my eyes.

"Hint?"

"Your eyes"

"My eyes?"

"That's all you get" Sam walks back just as mom turns the stove off. "Be helpful and carry something"she demands me, I nod "Lucie! Cassidy! Come eat now!"we all sit around the table. The girls mostly shared stories with mom about Arizona and California. I lean back in my chair, taking a sip of my water, I wrap my arm around the back of Chloe's chair. She shifts in her chair and leans to her left, her knees pressing into my leg.

Afterwards we all helped clean and do the dishes, everyone left shortly afterwards leaving just chloe and I. I was seated on the couch watching some sports net when chloe comes back, freshly showered and a book in tow. I chuckle as she curls up beside me and I turn on the lamp just above me.

"What are you reading now?"

"A world war 2 book"she replies "I'm running out of books"

"And we're running out of room"She nudges me with her knee and I laugh, intwining our hands together.

"I'll probably go and by some new ones before work or during my break"

"What time do you work?" I ask.

"Ten" I nod as I grab my phone with my free hand. "What time do you start?"

"Ten as well, but I'll probably have to leave at around nine thirty or twenty ish"