Joel.

I flash a smile at the camera as I shut my car's trunk "Hey guys, I uh just finished practice and now I'm heading home so let's get going"I smile and spin my keys around as we slide into the car.

I was doing a small documentary for Sportsnet just about like my life and such and the journey that lead me to here. I reverse the car and exit the practice arena "Even thought my parents do live like around Toronto, I had wanted to move out more into the downtown area. That was always the plan and I think that was for the best. I have lived alone with just my wife, she had moved in with me like a few months after we started dating so I was always so lonely" I chuckle and check the roads before I turn.

"I am always on the go wether it's for hockey or like picking up my sisters. That's just what I've always done, hockey and my family. I mean even thought I don't live at home I still like to pick them up once and while"

The camera man was asking me questions behind the camera, "what's your normal day routine?"

"Chloe and I are usually up really early because I think that's just what the two of us are use to. I usually cook breakfast unless she makes like crepes or breakfast burritos then that's on her. I usually go to practice at like nine or so and then we have lunch there and then I come home and nap and play a game. Which today we don't have a game we just had preseason practice"I say. I answer a few more questions just as I entered the apartment garage.

"Chloe isn't working or rehearsing today so you'll get to meet her, come on"I nod as we exit. After riding the elevator, I shove my key into the door and push on it slowly "welcome to the apartment"I smile as I step in. Chestnut was immediately at my feet and I crouch down to pet him "Chestnut is always the first person to greet me"I chuckle "he's chloe and I's dog but he's really Chloe's I've just adopted him"I close the door behind us two and turn to the kitchen to see chloe cooking.

"Hi princess"I smile and kiss her cheek. She smiles back at me "my lovely wife everyone, always seeming to do two things at once"I look between her cooking and her file work "a talented women I'd say"she rolls her eyes.

"So yea this is the kitchen, where most of the time is spent other then the living room. The two of us are usually in here, chloe working or me eating. Our food goes quite quickly, usually because I've got like Liam and Ben around a lot. Chloe hates it but"I shrug. "We try to make homemade meals a lot but because of our busy schedule we tend to pick up a lot of our dinner or lunch"

I push off the counter and kiss Chloe's cheek one last time "Come on, I'll show you guys the living room, it's got a great view of the city"I smile. "Chloe made it more cozier when she moved in but yea"I move towards the table that held the tv "and yea here's one of my first nhl goal pucks" I pick up the glass container it was in "Chloe put it in a glass"I chuckle.

"My parents have one in their house and the other puck is with my grandpa" I say slowly as I place it back down "lots of time is spent here with like family and friends and such"I say. Afterwards we sat down for like a sit down interview.

"Growing up my whole life was hockey, I think the second I could stand my grandpa and dad put on skates and within like a few months I was skating on my own. On most days after school I was with my grandpa who even went out to build like an ice pad, I mean everyone had one of those. I was probably starting on like hockey skills at four. It was intense and I worked my butt off" I tell them.

"I mean everyone in my family was busy but both my parents were always in the stands for games, my sisters did their homework at the arena if they weren't at their own activities so like they've really been there for me and sacrificed a lot actually, they still do"I shrug

"Going into the draft, I think of course everyone was nervous. My hands were just drenched. I honestly would've been happy with any team that picked me but I think growing up in Toronto, going to leaf games my whole life my first and always pick would have been the Toronto Maple leafs. They were the guys that inspired me and I wanted to be one of those guys for someone little"