Chloe

I had given birth to the boys at one in the morning at 34 and a half weeks. To say that was the most scariest moment of my life was quite an understatement, Joel was in Ottawa playing a game so thankful he wasn't to far away and thankfully both of our moms had gone to visit and even watch the game with me. Tessa had called Joel an hour before the game started and he was heading home immediately, he wasn't late for the C section thankfully because I don't know what I'd do without him being there.

Apparently from what I heard was that everyone had came down immediately and waited in the hospital waiting for Joel to come out and announce that everything was okay but after the C section Bennett had ended up having a collapsed lung which was scary because they had to collect a tube to his chest. At around 8 am they had moved us into a hospital room and everyone slowly trailed in aweing at the boys, it was late afternoon when everyone had left the hospital and the only people left in the hospital room with me was me, Joel and our mom's.

Joel was currently sitting on the couch with Simon in his lap as I perched over from the hospital bed over to Bennett because he was put on a ventilator at the moment, we were scheduled to stay over at the hospital for at least the rest of the week just for good measure.

I stroke Bennett's cheek slowly, in the corner of my eye I could see Mom take a seat beside Joel "they are truly beautiful"She smiles down at Simon. I hum.

Tessa and mom announce that their going to go and grab something to eat for all of us and will be back. Joel slowly stands up and begins to rock back and forth with Simon in his arms. If I could take a picture I would but I couldn't at the moment so I'd have to rely on my memories for this moment "how are you doing?" He asks me quietly, after the c section I was experiencing some stomach pains.

"I'm okay"I nod "still hurts a little but I'll be fine"I say and lean my chin on the plastic wall thing of where Bennett was laying down on.

"You should sleep"Joel says to me.

"I feel like I won't be able to sleep until I know he's okay"I sigh

"Chloe, you need sleep babe"Joel says as he slowly walks over to the other crib like thing and places Simon in it.

I shake my head "I'm fine"

"chloe, you literally just like gave birth, at least take like a power nap" I sigh and he leans over and kisses my forehead. "Please for me?" I nod slowly and Joel helps me lay back down. Sleep came to me in seconds.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

📍Toronto General Hospitalchloelane Introducing Bennett Carter Lane and Simon Leo Lane

chloelane Introducing Bennett Carter Lane and Simon Leo Lane. After an early pregnancy, a C section and a scare with Bennett, We are all perfectly fine and enjoying our new baby boys.
tagged joellane