This Feeling Is New

Jeremy's POV
"I-I said I love you," I repeated.

This was a mistake. He probably doesn't even like me like that anymore. Did he ever like me that way? Will he ever? He probably has a thing for Rich. I mean, not gonna lie, Rich is cute. But not like Michael cute.

Michael is so cute. And handsome. And hot. I could get lost in his eyes. Correction: I totally have gotten lost in his eyes.

If my Squip was still here, he'd probably zap me in the balls.

Micha's voice brings me back to reality.

"Uh, I love you too Jeremy," he says, confused, "You're my best friend."

Go figure.

"Okay thanks, uh, bye Michael!"

I pull the phone away from my ear, in an attempt to hang up.

"Wait! Wait! Jeremy!"

I consider ending the call. I could tell him I didn't hear him. But a part of me wants to finish what I started.

Here we go.

"Yeah, Michael?"

"Oh, thank God. Hi. Is that it?"

He is silent, awaiting my response. But words aren't coming out of my mouth
anytime soon.

"Jer?" he says softly, "Is that all you wanted to tell me?

"N-no," I begin, "that's n-not all I have to s-say."

There is a pause before he speaks up again.

"Jeremy, you can tell me anything."

Isn't that what I told him before he came out to me?

"I know, Micha. I know."

Crap. Maybe this is what he felt like before he spoke up. Same anxiety, same feeling, a best friend of 12 years. He faced his fear, came out, and then fricking kissed me. How in hell did he have the guts to do that?

"It's okay, you can tell me," he coaxes, "I mean, if you want. It's up to you."

"Okay," I whisper, but gaining confidence, "Okay. You're my best friend. I love you. But also I also kind of love you. Like 'love you love you'. I don't know for how long. And then you kissed me. I think that was the first time I realized it. You know, that there was something there. Something between us. I just think...I...I don't know."

The other end goes quiet again.

"Uh, wow, Jer. That's....that's a lot."

"I know. I'm sorry...I...I just...I needed....you needed to know. I think."

The other end goes dead. I knew it. He hung up on me.

"D-do you wanna g-go somewhere?" Michael asks.

Oh. Oh!

I must've not spoken up early enough because he keeps talking.

"Just the two of us," he continues, "We haven't r-really gone somewhere i-in awhile y-you know?"

Anxiety can go screw itself. Jeremy-fricking-Heere is doing this.

"Um, uh, yeah. I mean, of course, Micha. I'd love to go somewhere with you."

"I-I can pick you up? In, uh, fifteen minutes?" He offers.

"Uh, y-yeah. That's good. I-I would pick you up but, my dad has the car at work. So, um, uh, anyway, I'll be waiting outside for you. Bye, Micha."