thirteen

I was sitting in bed waiting for Landon to arrive, when I heard my doorbell ring.

"Damn, that was quick." I mumbled to myself. I slipped my phone into the pocket of my black sweatpants and took a glance at myself in the mirror, my hair was thrown up in a bun and my face was bare. I turned up my nose before walking downstairs, my hand trailing down the railing as I approached the front door.

I unlocked it and swung it open. "Hey, La-," I furrowed my eyebrows at the boy in front of me. "What do you want." I said coldly.

"Listen, I'm just tryna talk." Skies said plainly. He brought one hand to the back of his neck and didn't make eye contact.

"And what makes you think I want to talk to you right now." I crossed my arms and leaned my body against the doorframe, raising my eyebrows at him. All he did was roll his eyes at my response, I scoffed dryly. "If you aren't going to be respectful to me right now you can waltz your ass back down to your house, and leave me the fuck alone."

He sighed and paused a moment. "I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" I pretended I didn't hear him.

"I said, I'm sorry. For everything." He looked me in the eyes for the first time since he stepped foot on my doorstep, and I could tell the apology was genuine. His dark eyes staring back into mine made the butterflies in my stomach do jumping jacks.

I stayed silent for a while just looking back at him. I didn't want to forgive him, I didn't want to let him back in and make myself appear vulnerable. Because then it would just give him an excuse to hurt me again and again and again, because he would know he could always come crawling back, and I would forgive him. Every. Fucking. Time.

"And why should I forgive you Kimetrius?" I raised my voice, calling him out by name. "You can't just turn your emotions off and on like that to me. You can't just be so warm and inviting then act so freezing cold. Like, what did I ever do to you? Huh? What the fuck did I ever do to you?"

He bit his lip eyeing me up and down. I gave him a questioning look. "You gonna fuckin say anything or are you just gonna stand on my porch making a damn fool out of yourself?" I sassed.

He stepped up into my house, our bodies only inches apart before I backed up to allow some more space as I let go of the door. I heard it close softly as I stared up at his frame towering over mine. My breathing started quickening as he continued to step towards me, I evened it out by taking the same amount of steps back.

We continued to back up until I felt the cold stone of the countertop on the small of my back. I silently cursed to myself as he was able to push himself only an inch away from my body.

I wasn't scared, just confused and angry. I clenched my jaw before lifting my hands to his chest and pushing him away from me. "What the fuck is the matter with you?" I stepped closer pushing him again. "Thinking you can come into this house and pull this shit." I pushed him again.

My emotions began to take over as I pushed him again and again. He caught my wrists, holding a firm grip around them with his large hands. The next thing I knew I felt a pair of soft lips on mine. My entire body tensed, until I felt my eyelids flutter close and my body melted into the kiss.

He brought his hands up to hold my face as my hands rested against his chest as I kissed back hungrily. The kiss was passionate and my head was scrambling with emotions. Soon his tongue grazed along my bottom lip, asking for entrance, which I graciously allowed.

We fought for dominance shortly before I gave in and allowed myself to submit to him. He pulled away slightly from the kiss, biting my lower lip on his way back. He then kissed me passionately once more before pulling away completely.

My wide eyes shot open and stared up at him in wonder as my jaw hung slightly open. He stared right back into my eyes, dropping one of his hands to my waist while his other hand caressed my face, running his thumb over my soft skin. 

"Babygirl, I'm sorry for everything." He said softly, running the hand that was just on my face through my hair.

"I forgive you." I whispered.