{1} the kickback🎈

Xan's pov

Xan's pov.

"POOLS OPEN FUCKERS"

I shoved the bathroom window up to a wave of sticky damp air. The sky was fanta orange and Jason, my stepdad, was stood in the backyard feeling out the new paddling pool. Us Kennedys' were legends when it came to throwing kick backs.

"Where the fuck he get all that water?"

"The Cohens" Bobbie answered, flicking her cigarette out the window "Stole all the water straight out of their tap"

"Jesus"

A crowd of Kids swarmed into the backyard, tossing their clothes and diving into the water. Mum came out with a tray of raw hot dogs, leaving the back door open and the sound of Tupac's only God can Jude me blasting out behind her.

"Alright- shit, it must be time"

Pulling my sleeves over my hands, I lowered my head into my palms and sighed "You look for me okay?"

"Okay"

My eyes fell shut as I let the darkness wash over me. Let this be clear. Bobbie and I are not sisters, Shit, were not even friends. The only thing we have in common is our age and the fact that my mums fucking her dad. And we do share a brother. Our parents try to get us to bond more, but there's just no forcing that shit.

The silence went on for too long. My ears began to ring.

"Well? What does it say?"

"No words yet" I peeked up, watching her flip the test back to front then shake it a little "Guess we gotta wait for these stupid lines to disappear"

"Lines? As in plural?"

"...Yeah, two pink lines"

Shit.

"Are the lines faint? like you might need glasses to see them orrr?"

"No girl your reaching for that one. There are two VERY bold, VERY pink distinct lines"

I held my hand out for the pee stick. Bobbie passed it to me and sat on the edge of the bath, letting me stare at it for a while.

"I can't believe your pregnant"

I swallowed the thick lump building in my throat and nodded "Yeah, I-I guess I am"

Bobbie stayed silent and began tapping her neon acrylics against the bath tub, looking everywhere but at me. She's probably just uncomfortable. She probably thinks I'm a fuck up or a slut.