{8} rocky roads💈

General pov

General pov.

Sunlight shon through the blinds and lit up a spot on the ground. Fuckshit woke up first, unable to recall how he ended up laying on Sunburns bedroom floor under blankets.

"Xan?" Fuckshit whispered, watching Xan breathing, unable to tell if she was actually asleep "You awake?"

"Yeah. Couldn't sleep" she answered

"Should have doubled up on blankets"

"..Wasn't really the floor though"

Fuckshit used his elbows to prop himself up "What's up then?"

She sat up too, rubbing between her shoulder blades. A million things ran through her mind. "Stevie" she chose to settle on "I saw..saw all these scars on his legs last night and we shouldn't have forced him to take his shirt off at the school.."

Sunburn stirs in his sleep leaving his arm to dangle off the bed.

"You think his mum beats on him?" whispered Fuckshit

"Or his brother"

Fuckshit lays back down, rubbing his sore head.

"We should say something?" she states yet it sounded like more of a question to Fuckshit.

"Bro" he groaned "You wanna know how many times my brothers beat up on me?"

"Not like this"

"It's not our business Xan. I know you wanna help but, if Stevie wanted us to know he would have told us"

"Maybe he just needs somebody to stand up for him" she argues

"Nah, Stevie takes the hardest hits out of anybody I know. He doesn't need anybody to stand up for him"

Worriedly, Xan looks over at Stevie. The sound of hot oil hisses in the other room, soon followed by the smell of bacon.

"Shit, Stevie mum will probably wake him up for school in a minute" Fuckshit throws the duvet off his body "We gotta go"

Luckily for them Sunburn lived in a one story house, so it wasn't hard to escape through the bedroom window. On the way home, Xan and Fuckshit detoured at Seven Eleven to pick up some munchies to nurse his headache.

"My head hurts like a bitch, how are you not hungover?" Fuckshit pours half the bag of skittles in his mouth, Xan shrugs in response.