{10} Bro Code 🔫

{a couple days later}General pov

General pov.

The skate park was a free for all. Whether you were a bum or a pro; as long as you had a board, a smoke or good conversation, you were welcome to hang.

Fuckshit and his new buddies were already drunk, Stevie trying to keep up with them.

"I got some new drip for you"

Rocky presented Fuckshit with a silver chain, hung the heavy jewellery around his scrawny neck.

"Yo" Fuckshit bounced around, feeling out his new ice "Sweet"

"All my people get one" Rocky smiled proudly

"Ion even- ion even know what to say" Fuckshit dapped up Rocky, pulling his shoulder into his chest.

"Say less. I told you, you can have anything when you rock with us"

Stevie slipped away and into the bathroom. He couldn't find his feet with the olders Fuckshit was hanging with and needed a little liquid courage to even talk to them.

He proceeded to chug the alcohol he held until it burned his throat.

"Uh!" Sunburn groaned, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

"You got a minute?" Xan asked him, stood at the door

"Yeah. What's up?"

"You can tell me to back off if you want but.."

He looked up, watching her in the mirror. She took a breath before continuing

"I couldn't help but notice the bruises and scars on your legs...that night we took you home"

"Yea-I heard you talking to Fuckshit about it. I wasn't really asleep"

"Well I just-

"He's right you know. I don't need anyone to stand up for me" Sunburn fires back "I take the hardest hits out of anybody here"

"But you don't have to...You know that right?"

The little boy prided himself on his tough exterior. Nothing or no one could hurt him as long as he was hurting himself. Sunburn nods back at her in the mirror, allowing her to step closer to him.

"We don't really care if you can skate off a balcony or chug a whole 40. You don't have to impress us to be around us. That shit doesn't matter." Xan explains

"It doesn't?"

"No. Compared to all the shit everyone has going on at home, the skating, the smoking, the shop, it's just a place we can all hash it out and be happy"

Stevie nods again.

"But you should reach out to someone. They can give you way better advice than any of us can"

"You'd help me?" He asks, hope welling at his throat

"Of course" she says all chipper "All you have to do is ask"

"..Im asking"

Xan pulls Stevie into her arms, hugging him tightly against her stomach "We love you Stevie"

"And this" Xan grabs the bottle off the side of the sink "Your good"

Stevie laughs in agreement, his arms still wrapped around her waist and they leave the restroom to join the others.

++

When they stepped out of the bathroom, it was total anarchy. Ray was all in Fuckshits face, a crowd quickly gathering around them.

"All you do is suck pro's dicks!" Fuckshit spat at Ray

"And your a fucking snake!" Ray argues "How could you let Fourthgrade take the rap for you like that?!"

"What's going on?!" I ask, trying to see into the crowd on my tiptoes. Sunburn takes my hand and moved into the crowd until we are behind Ray.

"Your nigga over here got stopped by the feds." Ray explains to me "And when he did, he stashed all the illegal shit on Fourthgrade. Said they wouldn't search him because he's white!"

"And they didn't! He's chillin'" argues Fuckshit

"Nah that shit ain't cool" Fourthgrade piped up "We supposed to be friends! I could have been locked up!"

"Fucking relax! You would have gotten a slap on the wrist at most. My ass would have been shot!"

"Yo. Curles" Rocky asks, entering the circle "They bothering you lil nigga?"

I see him lift up his shirt to Fuckshit, the handle of a small gun appearing out of his pants.

"Nah. I ain't got time for these broke ass bum ass niggas!" Fuckshit spits in Rays Face "This pussy ain't gonna do shit. Let's dip"

The crowd begins to part allowing Fuckshit and Rocky to leave.

"He ain't shit" Diggy says, consoling Ray

"Yeah. But I ain't no pussy"

Ray runs up behind Fuckshit, tackling him to the ground and throwing punches at him. Fuckshit fights back, head butting ray and taking domination.

Me, Ruben, Stevie And Fourthgrade interfere, pulling ray off him "LET ME GO"

Gunshots cracked into the air, a deafening ring fell over our bodies like rainfall. We froze. Time itself froze.

The crowd wails around us, a hundred sneakers running against the gravel.

"Fuck! Fuck! Let's go!"
Rocky announces as his group disperses with the crowd; Leaving the young boys clothes soaked in a puddle of blood and his body left for dead.