Brendon Urie - Fluff Prompt 10

sorry i write so many with him? i'll try not to, but i'm going to see Panic! on Sunday and i'm super excited, so i thought, 'hey, why not?'

request from CaptainC_Cookies

warnings - mentions of cheating, swearing

Prompt 10 - "Yeah, well, he's a dick, so..."

You slumped down on the bench, defeated. The sunshine was bright on the sidewalks, mocking you with it's cheerfulness. Not even four hours ago had you found your now ex-partner with someone else in your room in their apartment, making out like it was their last day on earth. They didn't even notice as you turned out the door and slammed it.

You feel a frustrated tear slip down your face and you angrily brush it away. Surely if they were cheating on you, they didn't deserve you anyway, right? Or were you just not good enough for them... You sigh and stare out across the street. At least New York provided distractingly pretty architecture.

You thought that maybe, maybe, after four years of fruitless attempts, that someone actually respected you enough to stay with you. I guess not, you reflect bitterly. You muttered out some curse words, mind already blanking on how many windows you had counted on the skyscraper out in the distance.

"Hey, are you okay? You look kinda sick." A rich pleasant voice echoes through your empty skull, and something about it catches your attention. You look up, wiping the tears. There's a man looking concernedly at you, brown eyes searching for injuries.

"I feel kinda sick." The words surprise you, you hadn't planned on answering. "It's been a day."

"Can I sit?" The man gestures to the empty seat on your left. Eh, fuck it.

"Yeah, sure." You sniff once, pushing the forty-seven windows you had counted out of your mind. "So... um, what's your name?" He smiles at you and despite your dismal mood, you find that that smile made your heart a little bit lighter.

"Brendon," he replies casually. "Urie, that is." He laughs at himself a little, and you find yourself wondering if he's being nicer than usual to make you feel better... or if he's just like that all the time.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)." You sigh. You look out at the buildings again, the image of your ex and their new partner swimming in your head again. You can feel Brendon's eyes on you.

"I know I literally just sat down here, but you don't look like you've had the best couple of hours," Brendon noted.

"I, um, walked in on my boyfriend- sorry, my ex-boyfriend making out with some other person in my old room and they didn't even notice I was there. Like I said, it's been a day," you recounted. "Sorry, you didn't need to know that. I'm sure you'd been having a great day without that fact thrown in there." You grimaced to yourself, but still... why do you trust him so much?

"Hey, no problems. Everyone needs to talk sometimes." Brendon smiled pleasantly. "Plus, it was kinda just an average day anyways." You find yourself starting to laugh. "Besides, I'm sure whoever your ex was didn't deserve you anyways- you seem like a great guy."

"How could you possibly know that? You met me five minutes ago," you question. Brendon shrugs.

"Well, for one, you talked about whoever was with your ex by calling them "they", so even though you might, you know, hate both of their guts right now, you have enough human decency to not assume their gender," Brendon justified. "And if your ex didn't even have the respect to not go behind your back with somebody else, you definitely didn't deserve them." He flushes a little, as if he didn't really think about what he was saying before it left his mouth. "Sorry, I might have overstepped my bounds there."

"Yeah, well, he's a dick so..." you mutter. Brendon bursts out laughing and you stare at him for a couple of seconds before realizing he heard your under-your-breath-cursing. You join in laughing, some of the pain of the morning washed away as you felt your abdomen ache with contentment. Brendon sits up, still chuckling, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand.

"He must have been," Brendon wheezes out between laughs. When the both of you are calmed down enough, Brendon speaks again. "You feeling any better?" You nod.

"Yeah, thanks so much. I needed that," you counter.

"Do you, um, have a place to go? I was just going to ask because you said they were in your old room and-" he starts, but you cut him off.

"I haven't managed to sell my old apartment, I'm good. Thanks though," you finish. "It means a lot to find someone who cares. Would you be up for, I don't know, talking again?" Damn it, awkwardness. Brendon doesn't seem to care, however. His face lights up.

"Yeah, I'd love to! We could get lunch tomorrow, if that's cool with you?" You assent, smiling. Maybe not so bad, after all. "Great! I'll see you then." You smile and thank him again, turning to walk away.

"Hey, wait up!"

You turn to see Brendon sprinting after you, hurriedly taking something from his coat pocket. When he gets closer, you see it's a pen. He grabs your arm and clicks the pen, and your face goes red. What is it about this guy that- "There. All good. See you tomorrow, (Y/N)!" He turns and throws a wink over his shoulder and you grin. Scribbled out on your arm is a phone number and a restaurant name.

"See you tomorrow, Brendon!"