facetime

theo had just reached her flat that she would call home for the next matter of months and sat nervously on her bed, fiddling with the rings on her fingers. timothée wasn't there yet and wouldn't be for another two days, leaving her to be alone with the rest of the cast for a bit, something that had her on edge. taking a deep breath, she grabbed her phone, entering the facetime app and calling ben, whom of which answered on the first ring. "you made it," he breathed when he saw her face, then took into his consideration the look on her face. "what's wrong, my love?"
      she took a shaky breath as she set her phone up on the nightstand, raking her hand down her face. "timmy isn't coming for another matter of days, leaving me with strangers that i don't know in a strange city that i don't know and i feel like this was an entire mistake. it's too much and i can't handle it. i'm not cut out for this! i was barely cut out for touring with a book!" her breaths grew shallower as she ranted, her eyes wide with panic.
      "hey hey hey, whoa," he said, sitting up straighter. "you've got this, theo, and i'm not just saying that, i promise you. you're the most kick ass woman i know, of course you're cut out for this. use this time to introduce yourself and take charge the way i know you can."
      "but what if they don't like me?"
      "i'm entirely positive that they will adore you almost as much as i do."
      she shook her head, looking down at her lap. "i just really miss you. getting to spend all that time with you on tour spoiled me. i woke up on the plane when we landed and expected you to be beside me instead of timmy's empty seat."
      "i know what you mean. i ended up getting two coffees at the shop this morning and expected you to be in bed when i got home."
      "just a few more days," theo smiled weakly. "you'll love my flat. it has this little balcony with a planter's box that i'm going to plant wildflowers in when it warms up. and it has an unblocked view of the eiffel tower. i can't wait to stand with mugs of hot coffee and overlook it all lit up at night with you. and when it warms up and i do plant flowers, i want to dance out there with you to la vie en rose and enjoy everything life has given unto us."
      "that sounds absolutely incredible," he beamed with love, wishing to be there now. "i've been doing some reading on paris, and i'd like to take you on a date to the louvre when i get there. you are art, and you deserve to be surrounded by art."
      "i think i like the sound of that, even if it is cliché." she tucked her hair behind her ear, clasping her hands together in her lap. "before i go, let me tell you one of the songs that reminds me of you."
      "go on, love."
      "scorpio by pour vous. au revoir!"
      as her face disappeared from the screen, ben sat in a pleasant shock, tapping on the music app to listen to it yet again.