real life

it was theodosia's first time off from filming in days, and she could not have been more excited. in her four day weekend, ben would be coming to visit and celebrate her birthday, and she knew that he had quite a bit planned for the two of them.
      as she returned to her flat from filming, she noticed there was incense burning, snacks laid out on the kitchen counter. she could hear the water in the bathroom running, queen's music playing softly, blending with it. as she kicked off her shoes, ben came out from the bathroom, greeting her with a kiss. "what's all of this?" she asked, arms wrapping around his waist.
      "this would be the kickoff to our weekend - a night of much needed pampering in honour of your twenty-fifth," he beamed, hands resting on her hips. "i've just drawn a bubble bath for the two of us, and from there i have facemasks to do while i brush out your hair and braid it. once those dry and we peel them, we have snacks and an assortment of movies to watch while we snuggle up together on the couch, and quite possibly snog."
      she laughed at the last part, cheeks involuntarily going pink at his statement. "sounds like heaven to me."
      ben let out a little puff of relief, kissing her temple. "i'm glad. happy birthday, my love." he released her from the embrace, guiding her to the bathroom, the two undressing each other and sinking down into the bath together. she nearly fell asleep as he washed her hair for her, the feeling of his fingertips massaging her scalp one of bliss. he watched her with loving eyes as she leaned back into him, humming to the queen songs playing from his phone. they sat amongst the bubbles, just talking until the water went cold.
      once out of the bath, ben dressed in his boxers and pyjama pants, while theo dressed in boxer briefs and one of his many shirts. he ran a brush through her hair as she told him all about her day on set and he listened attentively. "i'm starting to really get a better grip on french," she added as he finished, setting the brush down onto the bed. "timmy, enne, and everyone else says i'm starting to really nail it."
      "that's wonderful," he hummed, feeling here shiver as his fingertips grazed her bare thighs. "say something for me in french, ma chérie."
      "voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?" she asked lowly, holding back a giggle as she felt him freeze his movements. "i kid. but do know, mon beau, je t'aime avec une passion brûlent."
      he stood from the bed, kneeling down on the floor before her as she turned where she sat, hands reaching out to cup his cheeks. "and how would i say that i love you, now and forever, miss theo?" he asked, eyes focused on her lips so as to watch how they moved.
      "je t'aime, maintenant et toujours, benny," she whispered, eyes searching his face.
he repeated it, the combination of his accent and the pronunciation of the words creating an odd sound, pulling a giggle from her. he chuckled, turning his head to kiss the palm of her hand as he stood, stretching before helping her to her feet. "let's go watch a movie and get you fed, ma chérie."